A good commuter but not much for fun
By crazygrrrl on
2007 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I bought my Accord new in 3/2007 and it now has 29,000 miles on it. It's been mechanically reliable but it does have minor quirks: dashboard rattles, hard uncomfortable seats, door tape that keeps bubbling/wrinkling up, and weak paint that chips easily. I've had to take it to the dealer several times to get rid of a check fuel cap message that was caused by a faulty evap system in the gas tank. Other than that the car's been reliable. It gives me 28-29 mpg in my commute. Tops is 31 mpg when I drive like a granny. It's a good car but it lacks passion. I have a lot more fun driving my 2001 Firebird and the seats are more comfortable in it too. Still, the Accord is reliable and cheap to feed.
Favorite Features
Good gas mileage and decent acceleration for a 4-cyl. I like the fact that the coupe doesn't look like other cars on the road. Good resale value and cheap to maintain.
Suggested Improvements
Where do I start? Honda should stop using black plastic door tape that wrinkles up. I had to replace the black door window frames at least 6x in 2 yrs. Front seatbelts retract too fast causing the metal latch to hit the rear seat armrest, leaving several pock marks. Front armrests scratch too easy.