Used 2007 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Solid car with significant shortcomings
By CZ

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased this car a certified used car from a dealership in Brooklyn, NY with 27k miles on it. Overall it is a very good car with excellent driving characteristics. Handling and power are great. Interior ergonomics and style is very simple and elegant. Almost Teutonic, perfect for my taste. Fit and finish is also among the positive features.The dealership concealed the fact that the torque converter was previously replaced under recall, it seems it wasn't installed properly and is the main cause behind mediocre mileage (15 mpg city). The car's transmission is also of inferior quality, it hesitates and jerks when engaging 2nd and 3rd gear. Quality of shifting decreases with temperature

Favorite Features

Handling, interior design, V6 power.

Suggested Improvements

The transmissions were always Honda's Achilles heel. I find it surprising that after that many years on the market they still insist on their own transmission design that results in inferior shift quality, jerks and slippage.

Excellent Investment
By bruce

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Honda and I have not been disappointed at all. Other than just oil changes and tire rotation this vehicle has never let me down. I feel very safe with my family in this car. My wife takes coumadin that thins the blood and she bleeds very easily. I trust the safety of this car.

Favorite Features

touch controls in the steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

already done--mp3 hook up

Great car
By matt

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Accord is a great car, but the brakes are its Achilles heel. I just replaced them all around - the backs wore first. Other than that - the car is great. I get 35 mpg on the hwy.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, VTEC Engine

Suggested Improvements

Brake system is bad

Nice Car
By Travis

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased new and currently have 82K miles on my 4cyl SE. Purposely bought unit made in Japan. Recently had the rear brakes done. Had to replace dash cubby door under warranty at 35K due to getting stuck and not opening. Otherwise, zero issues. I travel for a living, often 300+ miles at a time, and have been very pleased so far. Routinely get 34 mpg on road trips - impressive for a car of this size. Interior is well-laid out. Road noise is noticeable, but not annoying. Ride is firm, but not bad. Seats are firm, but fine. I expect to get 200k+ and, as of now, would certainly consider another Accord next time. 2 minor complaints: doors don't lock/unlock automatically in drive/park; no mp3 jack

Favorite Features

Reliability; fuel economy; roominess; interior ergonomics

Suggested Improvements

Doors should automatically lock when in Drive, unlock when in Park; no mp3 jack

In it for the long haul
By CMG11

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new on 12/2006. As of 3/2010, have 147K miles. Mostly New England interstate driving. Purchased this car because of reliability reputation and high resale value. Hope to keep for 500K. Average about 30 MPG over the years with a min of 23 and max of 36 in a single fill-up. No issues with transmission or clutch, engine, electric, or body. Very reliable in all weather conditions once stock tires are replaced. Only one unscheduled stop for brake replacement. Issues: - Front brakes replaced at 30K due to heavy pulsation. No replacement since. Same with rear brakes (55K). - Stock tires not great especially in winter. Snow tires are a must for New England.

Favorite Features

Engine, manual transmission, multiple power outlets, winter handling (with proper tires).

Suggested Improvements

Most of my suggested improvements have been addressed in later models except one. Road noise.