2007 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2007 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Should have gotten leather seats
By Chris on 06/12/09 13:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven more in the past 2 years due to many factors. I'm really lucky to have had this Honda. Very happy with the V6, great pick up. I call it peppy, handles great, feels sporty to me. I like to keep my car clean. Well the seats are a problem, they are like a lint brush. They are always covered in lint and hair no matter how much I clean them. Seats are comfortable to me, 6'2" big fellow. I had a used 96 Accord and thought it was a nice car too. I will look at getting a new Accord when the time comes.

Awesome car
By dmsnms on 05/31/09 21:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just traded my lease in for a horrible '09 Civic. Boy do I miss my Accord! Great styling, smooth ride, loved the trunk space and LED tail lights, engine performance was fabulous. Had enough room for two car seats in the back with room for an adult to sit as well.

Getting Bored
By cha on 05/27/09 15:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this since 07 August and this is my second accord and second review. After driving it for more than 40k miles I am noticing some defects. When it's cold it's harder to shift the 3rd gear since mine is a stick shift. Also I hear some rattling noise in the front and and some noise under the stereo. Breaks and the clutch is fine so far and regular oil changes are done at Honda Dealerships. It has a great pickup when shifting gears since its a stick shift. No matter what it is a great econobox even after 40k but wouldn't buy an accord again cos I'm getting bored with this car...By the way 2 months after I bought the car I had to take it back to replace noisy drivers seat.

Great car for the price
By ct, new york on 05/15/09 23:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

What can you say, it is a Honda. Love the accord vehicle since 1990. My family has been driving them since. I owned an 84 accord too as a beater and raved about that one too. My 07 replaced an inferior 00 civic ex. So glad for the upgrade, now the wife has taken it from me until I get her the pilot she wants. SOLID, RELIABLE AND DEPENDABLE. What's not to love.

!!Caution!! not as good as it sounds
By Adoc on 05/14/09 07:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord as a certified pre owned from a dealership and have put 15000 miles on it (30000 total on car). Rotors are really useless, had to resurface them even with gentle use. Seats are very stiff and start hurting after couple of hours. There are multiple rattles and noises from within the car and road noise is awfully loud!! I have to turn up the volume to listen to the stereo. Fuel economy is average, I get 26 highway and city combined. Also, there is no easy /cheap way to connect iPod/MP3 player to the stereo, have to buy expensive adapter. Overall, driving is pleasurable (better than Camry), feels responsive & agile but definitely not the best.

Perfect car - except for the seat.
By Dmitri Toptygin on 05/12/09 12:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drove about 40000 miles on this car, and I had almost no problems with it. Excellent reliability, fuel economy, handling in dry and wet conditions. The only thing that causes problems is the new design of the driver's seat. From 1999 to 2007 I drove an Accord EX 1999, and that one had a great driver's seat. The 2007 version has a new seat design, and this caused me a lot of back pain. I already paid over $2000 to a chiropractor. The headrest cannot be lifted high enough to make it comfortable. Removing and discarding the headrest makes it feel better, but this increases the danger of whiplash injury in an accident.

Could get better highway mileage
By kpr173 on 04/01/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 is a great family sedan. We purchased this when the 2008 model year change came out so we got a great deal. I prefer the 2007 to the new Accords as the new ones are much too large in my opinion. Build quality and conveniences are above average. This car really approaches its luxury segment cousins (Acura, Lexus, Infiniti) but not quite. The leather used seems a little leatherette-ish, and parts creak a bit on bumpy roads/cold days. Highway mileage is not so great. I don't drive super aggressively but I have yet to exceed 24mpg when EPA sticker said 20/29.

Don't Lose The Race NOW!
By DL on 03/19/09 07:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

5th accord 4 cyl. Owned since 1991. Gas mileage great, Cruise set at 75, got 34 mpg on 800 mile trip, after 6500 mile break-in. But some quality issues never had on older Accords - brake rotors shake and brake fade on long steep hills. Even with leather option, seats comfort in front is terrible even on 100 mile trip. I am a serious car collector and insist on quality and reliability, the reason I have been with Honda all these yrs. But Honda is starting to lower their standards, the very thing that put them on top. This is the first time I have ever had reason to question the build quality of this brand car. Honda, stop the bleeding! What a great business model, save this product!

Steer Away from 2007 Honda Accord
By Tim on 03/12/09 05:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

18 months after purchasing our 2007 Accord LX, the front-end began vibrating during braking. We took the car in, being that it was still under warranty, and were told that the rotors needed to be turned--the brake pads were fine. Of course, the rotors are not covered under the warranty. I have been told by the dealership, including the general manager, that it is not uncommon for rotors to need turning within 2 years or 30,000 miles. That is absurd, especially given the manner in which the car has been driven. It is obvious that Honda used inferior quality rotors on this vehicle. I wonder what other parts are defective?

Sleeper sedan - 2nd review
By maxdriver on 02/08/09 16:24 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second review. I now have 31k miles on my Accord. This has been an outstanding value for me. I do about 20K business miles per year in the Accord. If I am not in a rush, I try to cruise at 65 MPH on the highway and when I do, I get about 32 mpg. The car has been totally without problems so far. All I've done for maintenance is oil changes. Third gear is a minor irritation, as it will pop out of gear when the car is cold and I'm not careful with the shift action. The engine is a work of art, with a high redline and plenty of torque! I added an iPod connection and fog lights to the original package. TL sway bars and auto dimming mirror are next. Great car!