Used 2007 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

First Car!
By skywave777

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car about a week ago with 43,500 miles on it. Everything works great! The V6 is smooth and powerful but the gas mileage is not that great. I get an average of 20 mpg combined city and highway. I do a a lot of daily driving, maybe I should have chosen the 4 cylinder engine. But it's not that bad. The sound system is pretty decent. Love the leather seats. Good legroom in the back. I gotta get one of the power outlet fixed. My girlfriend likes the girl a lot. It's a great car for my first car!

Favorite Features

remote linked window opening, moonroof, V6 is strong and silent. leather seats with power adjustment. reliability! 6 disc CD changer. LED taillights! 17" Wheels.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage on the V6, road noise. HID fog lights. transmission!

Nice, but to long
By JK

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Nice aerodynamic design, but difficult to park. Outside mirrors are small, the rear part of the car not visible. Sunroof makes the inside ceiling to low and I had only 1 inch above my head. Squeaky Windows in street driving, although the car had only 20,000 km. Interior design all in black and plastic releases bad, unhealthy odor; not enough air in the cabin, had to open Windows whenever possible. Not enough braking power. Seats to firm, not comfortable for long driving. Very good tilt & telescopic steering wheel and gear-shifter. Excellent and smooth driving on highway. Radio doesn't have good reception. After 3 months I traded it for an SUV.

Favorite Features

Good Michelin tires and alloy wheels. Smooth driving on highway. Reliable car.

Suggested Improvements

This Accord became to much long. Get rid of cheap black smelly plastic. Brake and rotor quality poor. Rubber around windows create constant squeaky noise. Not enough room above head; lowering the driver's seat makes parking more difficult. The cabin is to dark inside.

Pseudo Sports Sedan
By joe287

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Here is what is I see as some major flaws with this car. Turning Radius. Making tight turns or getting into a parking space is frustrating. Delay in shifting gears; what the heck is this about? I have to wait 2 full seconds before the car is engaged in gear. Quickly performing a 3 point turn is not possible. Front end floats during quick accelerations; at times when I want to accelerate quickly and there are bumps in the road, the front end is floating far too much! Gas mileage; my wife’s RAV gets the same mileage as this sedan, not good. Overall; this is a pseudo sports sedan that is overpriced. Closer to a value car with nice dressings. Good, but not great!

Favorite Features

• Nice stereo • XM Satellite • A/C and ventilation is good • Sunroof • Comfortable seats • Good looks • Good highway cruising performance

Suggested Improvements

• Improve the turning radius; simply unacceptable as it is. • Steering column is too tight, feels like a sports car until you drive it like one and then it feels like a low-mid end sedan. • Suspension too tight for a car that does not offer sports performance. • Gas mileage, needs improvement!

First and Last Honda
By CarKat

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Having been a devoted Toyota owner for 30 years I decided in 2007 to make the move to Honda. At 5000 miles I noticed that the rear lug nuts were rusting, odd since the SE alloy rims shouldn't do that. Honda replaced them at no charge. At 16,500 when car went in for oil change and state inspection I was notified that the rear brake calipers were rusted thus causing the rear brake pads to wear which now needed to be replaced! I was told it was because I don't drive the car enough. I drive everyday to work in stop and go traffic. After no reply from the dealer or Honda of America I am trading in the rust mobile for another Toyota.

Update to Second Honda
By Autobuff

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ok I have had my car for 3 weeks and very impressed with the fuel economy. I have filled my car twice since I got my car getting 425 miles to a tank with combined driving. Avg. 30.1 mpg. It feels nice to get over 290 mile per tank like i did on my 2001 millennia. Motor is very peppy, stick is still very slick.

Favorite Features

fuel economy, seats, and of course A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Like i said in my last review, stronger radio, ipod controls needed to be standard, and of course H.I.D.