Used 2007 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

about what I expected
By TimC

2007 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I chose the 07 Accord SE over a Camry LE as the Accord has a better engine (VTEC) and to my mind sportier look and feel. I chose the SE specifically since it has the better brakes and tires of the higher-priced models (as well as the six CD changer) but not the luxury accutrements I don't need at this point. I've always been a fan of Hondas and the Accord has not disappointed me so far. There are no surprises--a great look, super reliable engine and superb engineering.

Audio controls on the steering wheel, sporty styling, performance-oriented dashboard, reliable, decent performance and value

60/40 folding rear seats should be mandatory on all 08s. Lack of iPod jack is disappointing. The car makes bizarre noises if I drive on the highway with the front windows closed but the rear windows open. Could be quieter overall at highway speeds. The brakes take getting used to.

Can't believe it's a Accord Interior :(
By Mauiboy520

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car in June of 07 as a 2nd vehicle and have about 5000 miles on it. The ride ride is nice and smooth and no mechanical problems to date. As for the bad stuff....TONS of road noise, Interior function is nice but quality has slipped. Power door switches in the driver door keeps popping out, rattle in the driver door and somewhere in the dash and don't know if Accord owners noticed but light from the glovebox comes through at night with the headlights on. Radio needs serious updating/more power. Seats are nice but with it had more support and adjustments. The engine is smooth but the transmission shifts are rougher than I am use to in other 5- speed automatics.

It's a Honda! LED tailights, smooth V6.

An option for a better sound system. MPG consumption/avg/DTE, etc, auto headlights with HID's. Quieter cabin, smoother transmission and better check on interior quality.

Fun, Good Power, lacking some features
By S. Paul

2007 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my 07 EX-L 2.4L Graphite Pearl. Very comfortable seats, leather is good quality. A bit sluggish out of the gate normal w/4 cyl. On fwy passes with ease and seems to be in its groove around 2500+rpm's. There are 3 things lacking. 1) fog lights should be standard on all EX-L's. 2)Moonroof should fully open without having to hold the button down 3)Door locks should automatically lock when shifted in into drive and auto unlock when shifted into park. All of these features though can be added to the car later if you really need them. The fog lights are readily available and also electronic after market modules for both the automatic door locks and moonroof.

Leather.

fog lights, automatic door locks when shifted into drive and open when shifted into park, one-touch power button for moon roof, dimming rear view mirror with compass. All of these should be standard on all EXL models

Thought about BMW and Volvo but..
By Jon S

2007 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was a 7 yr Honda Civic owner and I really wanted to branch out to something more exciting and sexy; BMW or Volvo. But after months of research and learning what I know about reliability and resale value of these brands, I could not leave Honda. I am very pleased with my honda accord LX 4 cyl manual. I really love the shifting in a Honda, compared to a Toyota, which is more mushy and clunky. A Honda shift is smooth and exact. Love getting a bigger car but still 26/34 mpg. Very happy.

26 mpg in city! I test drove a manual 4 cyl Accord after test driving the Civic Si. I thought, for $4,000 less, I feel I get the same fun factor of driving, and I get a bigger and more practical car(Accord). (Almost had the male midlife crisis purchase of the Civic Si.)

I had more visability in my 1996 civic. The back seat head supports obstruct the rear view a bit, something I will adjust to.

Could be better
By DanaS

2007 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up a Honda Accord for the wife to drive. It seemed to be a good economical car, but hasn't gotten near the EPA mileage. The six cylinder with the auto is nice, but not as economical as we thought. The interior is well put together and somewhat plush like a 1980's Buick. The parts fit together well and are acceptable for a 25K car. The ride is an anamoly...flaccid yet tinny. Not much of a step up from a Civic.

Six cylinder accelleration.

Improve the ride quality and interior. Styling outdated. Improve the stereo systems.