Used 2007 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Fun, Good Power, lacking some features
By S. Paul

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my 07 EX-L 2.4L Graphite Pearl. Very comfortable seats, leather is good quality. A bit sluggish out of the gate normal w/4 cyl. On fwy passes with ease and seems to be in its groove around 2500+rpm's. There are 3 things lacking. 1) fog lights should be standard on all EX-L's. 2)Moonroof should fully open without having to hold the button down 3)Door locks should automatically lock when shifted in into drive and auto unlock when shifted into park. All of these features though can be added to the car later if you really need them. The fog lights are readily available and also electronic after market modules for both the automatic door locks and moonroof.

Favorite Features

Leather.

Suggested Improvements

fog lights, automatic door locks when shifted into drive and open when shifted into park, one-touch power button for moon roof, dimming rear view mirror with compass. All of these should be standard on all EXL models

Thought about BMW and Volvo but..
By Jon S

2007 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was a 7 yr Honda Civic owner and I really wanted to branch out to something more exciting and sexy; BMW or Volvo. But after months of research and learning what I know about reliability and resale value of these brands, I could not leave Honda. I am very pleased with my honda accord LX 4 cyl manual. I really love the shifting in a Honda, compared to a Toyota, which is more mushy and clunky. A Honda shift is smooth and exact. Love getting a bigger car but still 26/34 mpg. Very happy.

Favorite Features

26 mpg in city! I test drove a manual 4 cyl Accord after test driving the Civic Si. I thought, for $4,000 less, I feel I get the same fun factor of driving, and I get a bigger and more practical car(Accord). (Almost had the male midlife crisis purchase of the Civic Si.)

Suggested Improvements

I had more visability in my 1996 civic. The back seat head supports obstruct the rear view a bit, something I will adjust to.

Could be better
By DanaS

2007 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up a Honda Accord for the wife to drive. It seemed to be a good economical car, but hasn't gotten near the EPA mileage. The six cylinder with the auto is nice, but not as economical as we thought. The interior is well put together and somewhat plush like a 1980's Buick. The parts fit together well and are acceptable for a 25K car. The ride is an anamoly...flaccid yet tinny. Not much of a step up from a Civic.

Favorite Features

Six cylinder accelleration.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the ride quality and interior. Styling outdated. Improve the stereo systems.

Reliable and Efficient
By John

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Previous owner of a 98 EX coupe with 183K trouble-free miles. I hated to sell it, but I needed 2 extra doors. The '07 fits like a glove, handles crisp and tight, and gets great gas mileage. Had to get used to a couple of things from my old Honda like the absence of the change drawer on the left, but there's one in the center in front of the shifter. The radio controls are a little more complex, but having basic volume and channel buttons on the steering wheel are great. An overall well-rounded and well-balanced car. Best of all, no more timing belt! (I think the timing chain was introduced in '03) With the suggested improvements listed below, this car would have no rival. Coming in '08?!

Favorite Features

Handling, fuel economy, overall ergonomics, and Honda quality.

Suggested Improvements

Replace hood prop rod with hydraulic cylinders. Simpler radio controls,add MP3 jack,and a little larger glove box. Add rear air vents in back of console for rear passengers. 60/40 rear fold down seats instead of one- piece design. Replace old trunk hinges with externally mounted for more trunk space.

Good Car so Far
By nycarguy

2007 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Car rides tightly, smoothly, great on winding roads. Good engine power, AT transmission a bit abrupt at stop and go slower speeds trying to find comfortable gearing. Great rear seat room!

Favorite Features

Remote roll down windows, V6, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Small items: Stereo: Add a mute option and scan feature on steering wheel, AUX input on stereo for IPOD. Initial fuel economy only averaging 23-24mpg various conditions. Maybe after breakin it will be better.