2007 Honda Accord 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual w/Navigation Consumer Review - 2007 Honda Accord i4 -

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual w/Navigation)

2007 Honda Accord i4 - 5mt
By jc124 on

2007 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a pre-owned 2007 Honda Accord EX-L i4-5MT,with Navigation. Design: I'm very impressed by the design, both outside and inside. From cubby holes/drink holders/buttons/lights, everything is pretty well laid out. The seats are reasonably comfortable, not fantastic but reasonable enough for long trips. Performance: 1st gear / 2nd gear are so - so, but once 3rd gear is in place, this car pulls nicely and sounds lively. Sound: it's quite loud pulling from 1st/2nd gear, but I suppose that is typical in this generation of cars with 4 cylinder engines. Once 3rd and especially 4th are used, it has very quiet road manners within the city. On the highway, it's quiet in 5th gear.

Favorite Features

Exhaust note: @ 3,000 + rpm makes it quite exhilarating to try out spirited driving once in awhile. Layout: buttons are intuitive and well laid out. The interior really is quite classy looking with the black leather. Navigation system: not overly complex. I've got the hang of it now. I've noticed a couple glitches, such as a random reset of the trip computer. I'll investigate this under my extended warranty. 5MT: this transmission shifts smoothly

Suggested Improvements

Sound: 1st & 2nd gear cabin noise really are quite loud, even when you're just keeping up with traffic in the city. It'll take getting used to. Not a huge annoyance for me, but it's notable for those offended by the drone of 4 cylinders at low speeds. My understanding is that Honda has greatly improved this within 2013 models. Auto-lights: strange that Honda didn't include this simple feature, considering it's the EX-L with Navigation. Minor, but noteworthy for those used to the running lights switching to full when it gets dark. Reverse gear: sounds like a toy car backing up. Whether all manual tranny's are like this I'm not sure.