Used 2007 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

timing chain jump damaged motor
By Shao Lin

2007 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The timing chain jump and damaged valve of motor. Honda gives guide line that timing belt do not need service and which turn out not true. The engine need to be replaced and it will cost a bundle. Whoever own a 07 Accord should change timing chain around 80-100k miles to avoid the costly repair. Also front bumper cover is too low and easily be caught by a curb and been rip apart when you back out.

One bad thing ruin all other good parts.

Honda should send warning to change timing chain to all owner of 07 Accord (4 cylinders). Whoever own this car should change timing chain between 80-100 k miles. do not park your car too close to car stop.

Battery Pack Failure at 90K!
By bchristianmdd

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I picked up this car with 67K miles for $16,000. Fuel economy scrapes 40 MPG doing 65mph. My batteries have failed and were replaced under my extended warranty I purchased from the dealer. $2,700 to replace batteries with no warranty! I have also had a navigation button replaced and a transmission switch repaired under warranty. This car is a phenomenal value. Powerful, super efficient, roomy, quiet, loaded with tech, & visually appealing. The Apple/Honda designed iPod interface is a terrible design. A warranty is a must to much technology to possibly fail. Modern Honda achieve comparable fuel economy with no hybrid price tag. As why this car is no longer produced.

Heated seats, navigation, IMA system, mud flaps, remote start, sun roof

The only feature lacking is the iPod/music device integration. Kinda odd for a car with so much technology in 2007. The solution from Apple is a poor design that will cost $200 plus installation plus and adapter. The Apple/Honda integration kit does not accept other devices and does not allow complete control of your music which is absurd considering the price.

The Good and the Bad
By joe287

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Good: Reliability, low repair costs, comfortable cabin, satellite radio The Bad: poor turning radius, long delay when putting car in reverse gear, transmission acts funny at 60MPH (RPMs are too low causing car to shake and vibrate as if the tires are flat), really poor mileage (gets 25MPG on highway but when car idles it gobbles gas fast causing city to be more like 17MPG), responsiveness is just ok. Overall: Would not buy another. I expected more from this car. The worst part is the turning radius, for such a small car I would expect to zip in and out of parking spaces, just canít happen which makes the car ultra-ultra uncomfortable to run around town with!

Satellite radio, easy hood opening and stays open with no worries

PLEASE! IMPROVE THE TURNING RADIUS! IT IS AWFUL!!!! Fix the transmission so that it does not flip down so easily when going 60, the car shakes and shimmies when RPM is at 1.7

2007 Honda Accord i4 - 5mt
By jc124

2007 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a pre-owned 2007 Honda Accord EX-L i4-5MT,with Navigation. Design: I'm very impressed by the design, both outside and inside. From cubby holes/drink holders/buttons/lights, everything is pretty well laid out. The seats are reasonably comfortable, not fantastic but reasonable enough for long trips. Performance: 1st gear / 2nd gear are so - so, but once 3rd gear is in place, this car pulls nicely and sounds lively. Sound: it's quite loud pulling from 1st/2nd gear, but I suppose that is typical in this generation of cars with 4 cylinder engines. Once 3rd and especially 4th are used, it has very quiet road manners within the city. On the highway, it's quiet in 5th gear.

Exhaust note: @ 3,000 + rpm makes it quite exhilarating to try out spirited driving once in awhile. Layout: buttons are intuitive and well laid out. The interior really is quite classy looking with the black leather. Navigation system: not overly complex. I've got the hang of it now. I've noticed a couple glitches, such as a random reset of the trip computer. I'll investigate this under my extended warranty. 5MT: this transmission shifts smoothly

Sound: 1st & 2nd gear cabin noise really are quite loud, even when you're just keeping up with traffic in the city. It'll take getting used to. Not a huge annoyance for me, but it's notable for those offended by the drone of 4 cylinders at low speeds. My understanding is that Honda has greatly improved this within 2013 models. Auto-lights: strange that Honda didn't include this simple feature, considering it's the EX-L with Navigation. Minor, but noteworthy for those used to the running lights switching to full when it gets dark. Reverse gear: sounds like a toy car backing up. Whether all manual tranny's are like this I'm not sure.

My First Honda
By ladyposche

2007 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this is my first Honda and I love it! Now, at first, I was not feeling the exterior design. But now I love lookng at it. I added some accents to it to make my car look more stylish. I do not like the fuel economy much. I thought since its a manual, my gas mileage is good. So pretty much I watch how "fast" I drive so that my car gets good mileage. Also I do not like that there is no auxillary output for the car; I ended up getting a fm transmitter so I can cintinue with what I do:)

I love the console and its' storage compartments; not to mention the stereo!

Improve fuel efficeincy, auxillary output