2007 Honda Accord Sedan 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2007 Accord Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Update to Second Honda
By Autobuff

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ok I have had my car for 3 weeks and very impressed with the fuel economy. I have filled my car twice since I got my car getting 425 miles to a tank with combined driving. Avg. 30.1 mpg. It feels nice to get over 290 mile per tank like i did on my 2001 millennia. Motor is very peppy, stick is still very slick.

Favorite Features

fuel economy, seats, and of course A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Like i said in my last review, stronger radio, ipod controls needed to be standard, and of course H.I.D.

Second Honda
By autobuff

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Honda that I have purchased. The first a honda CRX Si drove it to 305,116 miles. The ride is smooth, and the interior much improved compared to my friends accord's. The interior is quiet enough to have a civil conversation, though not as quiet as a Lexus. Pick up is effortless with the manual with a slick feel. I bought this car used with only 27,900 miles on it, and the way i see it it is barely broken in. I look forward to minimal maintenance issues, and great return on this purchase.

Favorite Features

Slick 5 speed, good gas mileage, quiet interior, great a/c my fiance doesn't like that part but oh well, and comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Though the radio is a six disc changer with 120 watts it is a bit week it could also use a standard ipod connection to control my ipod. though my car is used it would be nice if Honda made the Accord's standard H.I.D. headlights.

In it for the long haul
By CMG11

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new on 12/2006. As of 3/2010, have 147K miles. Mostly New England interstate driving. Purchased this car because of reliability reputation and high resale value. Hope to keep for 500K. Average about 30 MPG over the years with a min of 23 and max of 36 in a single fill-up. No issues with transmission or clutch, engine, electric, or body. Very reliable in all weather conditions once stock tires are replaced. Only one unscheduled stop for brake replacement. Issues: - Front brakes replaced at 30K due to heavy pulsation. No replacement since. Same with rear brakes (55K). - Stock tires not great especially in winter. Snow tires are a must for New England.

Favorite Features

Engine, manual transmission, multiple power outlets, winter handling (with proper tires).

Suggested Improvements

Most of my suggested improvements have been addressed in later models except one. Road noise.

They keep getting better
By BOS man

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Accord ('77, '83, '94, '07) and definitely the best. Very smooth ride and manual shift. Lots of power above 3K RPM. Tight steering and suspension tuned exactly as I like it (stiff but comfy). This car is very fun to drive, quiet, well-designed and solidly built. Back seat quite roomy even for my 6ft sons. Mileage is a little disappointing (28-29 on suburban commute with few stops--less than my '94), but that may relate to the car tempting me to drive "aggressively." I love this car!

Favorite Features

Big radio and climate buttons are easy to use with gloves, but not too ugly. Remote opening of all 4 windows is great when car is parked on a hot day. Overall quality. Very good (4 wheel disk) brakes. Electroluminescent gauges.

Suggested Improvements

Better driver's seat thigh support, or adjustment to raise front of seat. Key is too big for pocket (maybe jackknife style is better).

Honda Driver For Life
By Jami

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had Honda's my whole life - from 16 until now (34). This Accord is a beautiful car and incredibily comfortable. We've driven it from Houston to Phoenix, to OKC, and back again and haven't complained once. It rides so smoothly I have to really keep an eye on my speed.

Favorite Features

The way the car drives, the radio, the comfy seats.

Suggested Improvements

some of the colors were bland when we were shopping.

Excellent Value
By Brian

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I now have 15000 miles on car. Superb body structure and build quality. Paint quality amazing for production vehicle. Quiet, comfortable, reliable. Excellent fuel economy for its size: 29 mpg. avg. I drove Camry, Fusion, Aura...Sportier than Camry, Much better build quality and interior design than either Fusion or Aura. Reliabilty should be top notch: I have 220000 miles on 1991 Accord that I still own.

Favorite Features

Quiet, economical, reliable. Build quality and workmanship are excellent. Firm, well-controlled ride.

Suggested Improvements

Audio system could be better: Speakers and MP3 input. Cloth interior is a lint-magnet.

Solid choice
By ian stuart

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Turned in my Honda Civic lease car with plans to lease another Civic. But the Accord was so much quieter and smoother riding than the Civic. So I ended up leasing an Accord. Love the 6 CD set up. Nice sound system. Manual transmission is smooth. The manual transmission seems to be much better mated to the engine than the automatic. Automatic seemed noiser and rougher. Plus the manual gets a bit better mileage. I average about 27 mpg in mostly city driving. (The Civic did get better mileage.) The engine is silky smooth for a 4-cylinder. Plenty of power. Who needs 6 cylinders? Honda makes great engines. Love the Moroccan red color.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine and manual transmission! Plenty of safety features - air bags, ABS. Roomy interior with simple but attractive layout. Nice ride and fairly quiet. Decent mpg - 27. Six CD player. Love the remote trunk release. Excellent fit and finish. Reliability and value.

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes the driver's seat is a bit uncomfortable on my back. Wish gas mileage was a bit better.

Real Fun
By Tom

2007 Honda Accord Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car for that money. Easy on the pedal. Always have feeling that you have control over the car. It's a big car but you will control it like a smaller car. The inside is roomy. Overall, the car is great.

Favorite Features

Engine.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe Honda should rethink the speaker system in the car. You have 6 speakers and a 6 CD's charger but the sound is still not clear enough. I have better sound in my old Mazda with only 4 speakers.