Used 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Battery Pack Failure at 90K!
By bchristianmdd

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I picked up this car with 67K miles for $16,000. Fuel economy scrapes 40 MPG doing 65mph. My batteries have failed and were replaced under my extended warranty I purchased from the dealer. $2,700 to replace batteries with no warranty! I have also had a navigation button replaced and a transmission switch repaired under warranty. This car is a phenomenal value. Powerful, super efficient, roomy, quiet, loaded with tech, & visually appealing. The Apple/Honda designed iPod interface is a terrible design. A warranty is a must to much technology to possibly fail. Modern Honda achieve comparable fuel economy with no hybrid price tag. As why this car is no longer produced.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, navigation, IMA system, mud flaps, remote start, sun roof

Suggested Improvements

The only feature lacking is the iPod/music device integration. Kinda odd for a car with so much technology in 2007. The solution from Apple is a poor design that will cost $200 plus installation plus and adapter. The Apple/Honda integration kit does not accept other devices and does not allow complete control of your music which is absurd considering the price.

Do not buy this car like I did
By fcsys

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Do not buy this car you will be sorry if you do. You will not be able to resale it, because all the dealers know that they cannot resell this car. If you live in Hawaii you will only get 23 MPG and a car that make all kind of noises and is difficult and unpleasant to drive especially when going from auto stop to drive. And a hill out of auto stop, good luck. You will also be entertained by a load low harmonic pitch sound and vibration when braking from speeds over 35MPH. The hybrid battery will only last for 4 minutes of full use then you back to charging it. What using up gas to charge your hybrid, yep. If you have this car I feel for you. If you thinking about buying this car or any of the Honda hybrid models your making a mistake that will cost you 5 to 7 thousand dollars.

Favorite Features

Leather seats

Suggested Improvements

4 cylinder with out hybrid

So Far So Good
By Racer0608

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

After a week of ownership my initial impression is good. I had a 1993 BMW 525it. The Honda does not ride or drive nearly as well. The hybrid system does have some bumps and jolts with all the stuff going on in the drivetrain. As of now I am pleased with my purchase, I'll update the review in a year or so if things change.

Favorite Features

GREAT stereo. Nice Navigation system. Wonderful climate control. Love the looks.. Fuel mileage better than expected. 26 city 36hwy.

Suggested Improvements

I have always hated lumbar support. Get rid of it. Figure out how to get BMW ride and handling.

My 5th Honda, best car
By HONDADRIVER

I traded in my 07 camry for this car, after I could not get used to the camry driving, accelerator dies when you slow. I am very sad honda withdrew this car from the market, car magazines stupidly compare this V 6 to the 4 cylinder hybrids. This is a very powerful car , with amazing gas consumption 36 Mpg HWY. To save money you need better gas consumption in the HWY. This where you put most of the miles. I have put 65,000 mile. 0 problems., feels like brand new. All cars are hybrids. As all cars uses a battery to start. This is not a performance car, this is an Accord with the best performance. I think Honda should bring this car back with 4 and 6 cylinder option.

Favorite Features

No toyota illusion of better gas consumption in the city. No body can put a lot of miles in the city, so it is useless. Mpg, trip computer, v6 power when needed, no sacrifice of performance for better gas consumption. Amazing reliability, not like BMW trash my 540 I died at 85,000 by little water

Suggested Improvements

4 cylinder option. Improve steering feel in the hybrid like regular car, make driver control override passenger control for automatic windows, similar to BMW. Increase power of electric engine, that might improve gas consumption

The Case For A Hybrid
By Richard Jepsen

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Used car prices have fallen for the Accord Hybrid/HCH making it value priced for the level of refinement. March of 2010 I bought a lease returned NAVI equipped 07 with 2,860 certified accident free miles. It has the best ride due to 16 inch tires and 200 lb increase weight. The battery pack serves as a sound baffle between the trunk and back seat. The electric steering feels more refined and with the smaller tires gives a turning circle of 36 feet for improved maneuverability. Drivability with the V6 is refined yet I get better than 4 cyl FE. I average 34 mpg driving 80% on city freeways filling up with 91RON non ethanol gas.

Favorite Features

Features such as NAVI, XM Radio, heated seats and the tweaks to styling, i.e. turn signals in side mirrors and restyled tail lights. Great smooth engine and fuel economy