Used 2007 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My First Honda
By ladyposche

2007 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this is my first Honda and I love it! Now, at first, I was not feeling the exterior design. But now I love lookng at it. I added some accents to it to make my car look more stylish. I do not like the fuel economy much. I thought since its a manual, my gas mileage is good. So pretty much I watch how "fast" I drive so that my car gets good mileage. Also I do not like that there is no auxillary output for the car; I ended up getting a fm transmitter so I can cintinue with what I do:)

I love the console and its' storage compartments; not to mention the stereo!

Improve fuel efficeincy, auxillary output

Great buy
By sgrossm1

2007 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in Summer of 2010. It was a used car with just over 28,000 miles on it. The very next day I took the car on a five week cross-country road trip. I was impressed with how zippy the car is and how comfortable it is on the highway. Road noise can be loud, but around town or with the radio on it is a very quiet place to be. With the car fully loaded (trunk and back seat) and with A/C on low, I was able to get 32 mpg the entire trip (using cruise control). I have also been able to get 35+ mpg on other non-loaded trips with cruise control. The car is cheap to run and with the stick can be a hoot in 2 or 3 gear. Very practical car. I recommend it highly.

manual transmission, zippy but still gets great gas mileage, easy after-market ipod install (could be an easy DIY), large trunk (bigger than mom's Acura RL), 6-disc CD changer, feels smaller than it is when driving, spacious interior, steering wheel controls, cubby holes, auto-down window feature with key fob (look it up!)

auto-down on all windows, modified suspension to grip better when hitting hard corners (though admittedly not part of this car's purpose). Wish I had a moon roof. This is a practical car and does that job wonderfully. It can be zippy when you want it, but being only 20 I wish I had something a little less practical and more sporting (thought this car does keep my insurance and fuel bills down nicely).

Perfect car - except for the seat.
By Dmitri Toptygin

2007 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drove about 40000 miles on this car, and I had almost no problems with it. Excellent reliability, fuel economy, handling in dry and wet conditions. The only thing that causes problems is the new design of the driver's seat. From 1999 to 2007 I drove an Accord EX 1999, and that one had a great driver's seat. The 2007 version has a new seat design, and this caused me a lot of back pain. I already paid over $2000 to a chiropractor. The headrest cannot be lifted high enough to make it comfortable. Removing and discarding the headrest makes it feel better, but this increases the danger of whiplash injury in an accident.

Manual transmission is my favorite #1. Double-wishbone suspension makes this vehicle as strong as a tank: potholes are not a problem. Plus it does not tilt toward the outside of turns in sharp turns like a Toyota Camry. Plus the reliability is just incredible.

When the next driver's seat is designed, the designers must take into account that there are people out there who are six foot two inches tall (myself) or even taller. The seat in Accord EX 1999 was just fine with me, but not in Accord EX 2007.

Rough Riding
By tgoyer

2007 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several Hondas over the years. I have owned LXs, EXs, and CRVs. The '07 Accord has been very disappointing in regard to the ride compared to the previous models I have owned. It is like riding in a log wagon. On bumpy roads you feel every bump and the steering feels unstable. Does not have the solid feel of the previous Accords. Does fine on smooth roads but get ready to get your teeth rattled on bumpy roads at any speed.

The four cylinder has nice power and the overall design is well done.

Ride needs to be improved.

Can't go wrong.
By Jimmy

2007 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Accord and I won't be turning my back on Honda anytime soon. I love everything about but the touchy brakes and the speakers could have better sound quality. (for factory it's pretty good though) I love the mileage, averaging 30 mpg city/highway. The engine has plenty of power for a 4 cylinder and it's very quiet as well. No nasty noises coming from under the hood. Interior build/materials is great too.

6 disc changer, gas mileage and power, smooth shifting 5 speed, comfy seats.

brakes need to be a little less grabby, stereo needs better speakers.