2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Do not buy this car like I did
By fcsys on 06/22/12 23:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Do not buy this car you will be sorry if you do. You will not be able to resale it, because all the dealers know that they cannot resell this car. If you live in Hawaii you will only get 23 MPG and a car that make all kind of noises and is difficult and unpleasant to drive especially when going from auto stop to drive. And a hill out of auto stop, good luck. You will also be entertained by a load low harmonic pitch sound and vibration when braking from speeds over 35MPH. The hybrid battery will only last for 4 minutes of full use then you back to charging it. What using up gas to charge your hybrid, yep. If you have this car I feel for you. If you thinking about buying this car or any of the Honda hybrid models your making a mistake that will cost you 5 to 7 thousand dollars.

So Far So Good
By Racer0608 on 08/15/10 15:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

After a week of ownership my initial impression is good. I had a 1993 BMW 525it. The Honda does not ride or drive nearly as well. The hybrid system does have some bumps and jolts with all the stuff going on in the drivetrain. As of now I am pleased with my purchase, I'll update the review in a year or so if things change.

The Case For A Hybrid
By Richard Jepsen on 03/20/10 07:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Used car prices have fallen for the Accord Hybrid/HCH making it value priced for the level of refinement. March of 2010 I bought a lease returned NAVI equipped 07 with 2,860 certified accident free miles. It has the best ride due to 16 inch tires and 200 lb increase weight. The battery pack serves as a sound baffle between the trunk and back seat. The electric steering feels more refined and with the smaller tires gives a turning circle of 36 feet for improved maneuverability. Drivability with the V6 is refined yet I get better than 4 cyl FE. I average 34 mpg driving 80% on city freeways filling up with 91RON non ethanol gas.

Hybrid that blows away all others!
By Excellent Value on 02/28/10 08:51 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

After two years I can tell you that Honda was foolish to discontinue this model! Unfortunately they didn't promote it as a luxury upgrade to the Tiny Civic Hybrid. 260 horsepower and miserly (avg. 33-34 mpg) on Highway and city (CT.) You know it's a great value when you don't sense your driving a hybrid.

Sweet to ride and smart!
By Dave on 09/06/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Very comfortable and easy to drive, plenty of room. I laugh at Prius owners all swished in and not getting much more gas economy.

Sweet Ride
By Dave on 10/12/07 22:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Roomy and stylish interior with simple controls, tight build quality, smooth ride, refined drive trains, excellent crash test scores, Honda's strong reputation for reliability, high resale value and no sales tax for my hybrid in CT. The car rides like a $40,000 car, I love it! Feels and drives like a much more expensive car than the Toyota Camry. Way more engine horsepower & torque than the wimpish I4 Camry but not quite as thrifty on the gas. The V6 performance and higher quality road manners is worth it over the Camry plus mid 30's MPG- Very happy!

Accord Hybrid - great mileage & perform
By Clean & green on 09/03/07 13:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Wow, I was strictly a V-8 man before purchasing this V-6 Hybrid beauty. I get 35 to 38 mpg highway and around 25 in town. Comfort, style, and great handling in this car. I actually bought two 07 Honda Accords, one for my wife (4cyl) non hybrid and the 6cyl Hybrid for me. She loves her Accord also -- it gets 34mpg hwy. Honda quality and workmanship throughout. Too bad Honda has made the decision to discontinue the Accord as a Hybrid. I really don't think they marketed the car that well. I didn't know Honda built an Accord in Hybrid form until I saw one at the dealership.

Almost There
By anon on 05/01/07 16:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

A solid car but one that has real but not fatal flaws. Build quality is very high but it does however have some quirks: the engine shut-off feature is too aggressive, especially in common stop-and-go traffic. The battery recharge process that occurs during braking causes a shudder towards the end of slowing to a stop (<10mph to 0 mph) almost like the car is trying to stall (which it doesn't). The steering is smooth and especially easy at slow speeds. Aggressive acceleration is fairly jerky as the motor assist comes and goes as the car shifts gears. Good news - most of this stuff is probably just software fixes. Bad news - Honda let this car out of the lab before it was totally baked.

One sweet driving machine
By Pat Z. on 03/17/07 06:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This car is a pleasure to drive! It has all the power you need to do fast safe passing, to merge onto quickly moving urban highways with comfort and to have a little simple g-force fun. The idle stop engine is great for guilt-free driving on ozone alert days. The car creates its own serenity zone: no engine noise while waiting at stop lights, good road noise damping on rough, patched highways, and one sweet little sound system. I also like the fact that it has 4 cup holders for the front seat and dual climate controls. The fuel economy is quite good for such a powerful, fun-to-drive car. I won't say we're saving money on gas though, because we do more driving just for the fun of it now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.