Used 2007 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 333 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Just what I was looking for
By Monique Miller

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

One of the best cars that I've ever owned!
By TS1988

2007 Honda Accord Special Edition V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently decided to part ways with my 2007 Honda Accord and trade it in for a new Kia after 5 years of ownership and it has been one of the best cars that I have ever owned. In five years' time, the only major things that I've had to do with that car are: timing belt replacement, water pump replacement, starter, and a power steering pump replacement. This car has been a truly reliable vehicle and extremely well built and I'm extremely impressed by the reliability.

2007 Honda Accord SE
By aeroboy

2007 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the 2007 Accord SE in October 2007, I traded an Accord 2004 SE which had been rear ended and I traded because I did not want the newer 2008 model. I get 36-37 mpg on interstate whisch I think is fantastic for a car this comfortable. I replaced the rear rotors and calipers at about 50,000, they were frozen, other than hat nothing other than oil changes. i replace dthe battery in year 7. The aluminum wheels on mine have oxidized near the hub on each wheel, they look bad, I see the same problem on other Accords and not on others of similar vintage. I recently had a couple small dents removed on the hood and the shop buffed out the paint all around, the car looks new with 85,000 miles. I have 2 people waiting to buy it when I am ready to sell. I have had 2 Accord EX before this and this SE is my favorite Accord. It could be quieter, the wheels are the only thing that detracts from it, I may replace the wheels when I get new tires again.

Second hand 2007 Honda Accord Sedan V6 6MT
By ryhi

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the third Honda Accord I've owned, ('95 EX Sedan I4 5MT (Sold), '01 EX-L Coupe I4 5MT (current commuter)) and the first V6. I picked it up for $10,000 flat at 93,000 miles. I knew I needed to do the timing belt which I picked up the whole kit, Honda genuine and with all pulleys and tensioners, spark plugs, and all for ~$400, the job itself was straight forward, Honda has a good layout with the J-series engine and this engine bay. The job took a good chunk of the day and now it is ready for another 100,000 miles and 7-10 years. The car is now at ~105000 miles and it is an amazing car. This V6 is smooth, the shifting is short and precise, clutch is smooth as well steering is connected and who knows who was driving this car before me and how abusive they were, I can't really tell. I was worried about MPG (well, not really I was happy for the power) but If I behave I can get low to mid 30s on the freeway and low to mid 20s around town. The navigation, while outdated, is still quite good. It registers all the roads I need in the SF bay area and knows the tricky interchanges, giving you detailed information about which lane and such, it obviously doesn't have all the newer subdivisions. The brakes are my only huge complaint for this and all my Accords, I will be replacing them soon, thankfully it is quite easy to switch out the pads/rotors for higher quality aftermarket parts for this generation. The interior is very comfortable, excellent sound system, everything works inside, A/C gets too cold sometimes. :) Dash cluster is simple, controls are aesthetically placed, leather is holding up well and it all cleans up nicely. The performance is outright amazing, C/D gauged the 0-60 at 5.9s during their test of this car and I wouldn't be surprised if this car at its current age could still pull that off, it is very quick off the line. It can even walk away from many of the newest family sedans at a stop light. Even with my 'very lively' driving style it isn't leaking or burning any oil and between the regular oil changes I do; I can see the oil itself still has quite a bit of carrying capacity. This is a solid setup: sedan for the family, good safely rating, ample room, excellent engine/transmission combo, and all the features that we would be looking for in a newer car. Replacement parts and aftermarket support is plentiful and at a good price, insurance is also reasonably low. I was lucky to find this particular model and a great color (Copper Bronze Pearl). I can say I have no regrets with this car with this car and my wife loves it too which is a huge plus. We got what we both wanted, I got the engine transmission combo I wanted in a family sedan, and she got her four doors for future car seats and kids, seat warmers, and ample room for family trips. I purchased it knowing it can and will easily give me 7-10 more years with me doing all the routine oil changes and maintenance myself, my other two accords are over 200,000 miles, this one should be no exception. I'm also free from the fears of a high milage automatic transmission.

timing chain jump damaged motor
By Shao Lin

2007 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The timing chain jump and damaged valve of motor. Honda gives guide line that timing belt do not need service and which turn out not true. The engine need to be replaced and it will cost a bundle. Whoever own a 07 Accord should change timing chain around 80-100k miles to avoid the costly repair.

Also front bumper cover is too low and easily be caught by a curb and been rip apart when you back out.

One bad thing ruin all other good parts.

Honda should send warning to change timing chain to all owner of 07 Accord (4 cylinders). Whoever own this car should change timing chain between 80-100 k miles. do not park your car too close to car stop.