2006 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Typical Honda

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Typical Honda
By roy71 on

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda, my first was a 95 accord that made it to 224,000 miles. I really like this new one. It handles much better and rides firmer (which i like) the braking is decent and the 2.4 i v-tec engine is quicker and better on fuel than my old V6. Mine is pretty basic, it has manual cloth seats, no sunroof, no heated seats or nav. but i like it because it does what its supposed to do well. Im a little leery though about the transmission, to me it seems to shift rough compared to other cars ive been in. Mine has 97,500 on it and im hoping it will get me to at least 250,000. I plan to take good care of it and follow the service manual, hopefully it will pay off. If you can, buy one!

The sporty feel for a midsize car. Good gas mileage (23 city 25 mixed city/highway) compared to my old honda 17-18 city) Its very comfortable and the seats are supportive. It has a timeless look to it like most hondas so when you hit the 200,000 mile mark it wont look old =) the dash board is laid out very nicely and looks attractive. The keyless entry is great. I love that there is no timing belt to change. Lots of space for driver and passengers everywhere, cupholders for everyone, HUGE trunk which doesnt apply to me but still...its HUGE! and my favorite feature...its a HONDA.

Better paint, i can tell mine looks like its beginning to oxidize in some spots and on the front bumper and hood there are a bunch of little spots where the paint chipped away. Smoother tranny, the shifts feel a little to hard sometimes, but as longs as there is nothing wrong im cool with it. Thats about it though, its hard to find stuff i dont like about it =)
By wcascrs
on 06/25/13 06:40 AM (PDT)

Auto transmission shifts roughly, but have you had the fluid changed? It's a mystery why mfrs. don't specify a transmission fluid change. How could they not need it? Get one, but not the Jiffy Lube style where they suck the fluid up through the dipstick port (they don't tell you that's how they do it, they just do it). Have good shop or dealer do the work.