Typical Honda Reliability
By Andrew on
2006 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I have driven 5 Honda cars before and bought this one for the same reason I, or my family, has owned the others: reliability and low cost of maintenance. The only problems have been a faulty engine temperature gauge, which would have cost a lot more to replace in other car brands, and a window issue. In the last 300 miles, the driver's side window would not roll up. This has happened twice and is intermittent. I think the switch will probably have to be replaced. I doubt it will be a costly repair. Other than that, no issues. I just paid it off and plan to drive it to 300k, which is a possibility with these cars. My only complaint is Honda interiors tend to rattle, which started early on.
Favorite Features
Great gas mileage. I average 32.50 with mixed highway and city driving. I once got 36 on an all highway trip, and the car was filled to the ceiling with heavy camping gear. I like that the iPod is connected to the steering wheel controls. For only a 4 cylinder, it has a lot of pick up. Big trunk.
Suggested Improvements
Tighten up the interior, so it doesn't creak and rattle at 5k miles. Make the iPod connection standard. Make dual windows auto standard. More horsepower for the 4 cylinder. I think the last three of these were/are standard on the 2008 model. More curb rash resistant wheels.