2006 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Takes a licking!

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Takes a licking!
By shawn2e on

2006 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this accord brand new in Monrovia. The only problem I had was cheap arm rest had came unattached and the brake rotors would warp after excessive freeway usage. No other problems with the car from day one until totaled. I do have to say this is a safe car. First accident was striking a box spring and spare tire on the highway ripped front bumper right off. 2nd accident totaled car, rear end impact at 50 mph! Was able to walk out of the car shaken up and unhurt. I would have to say I would buy another Honda Accord when the time for me to buy another car comes around. it's a good everyday car to run around, commute, errands, or go out in. Good price for the piece of mind.

window sticker said I should only get 34 mpg, but I was getting 38 on SoCal freeways. easy to use and read guages and dials. solid feel when closing doors or turning knobs and switches.

improve access to rear seats on coupe. make the trunk opening easier to put bags in while you don't bang your head on the deck lid. extend the warranty higher like other car makers. Improve the front brakes and rotors not to warp with excessive freeway usage.more mpg on newer models after this one.