Wish it was a bit better!!!!
By CoronaL on
2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
This is my 3rd new honda in the past 3yrs for my family. 2 previous were practically flawless, however this one has been somewhat of a PIA. 3rd gear is problematic to shift into at times, and dealer "cannot replicate the problem". I'd challenge they haven't really tried. Known problem for this transmission in a minority of cars. I don't have time to do other peoples jobs so I suffer through it. Otherwise I really like the car, it's very comfortable, handles well, is good in winter etc. Just wish that MPG was a bit better, I have yet to hit the HWY rating even at 65mph on even interstate I'm falling 3-4mpg short. 3rd Gear is synchro issue, but dealer won't fix it, making car less fun.
Favorite Features
Interior ergonomics, stereo is decent for stock. Leather is nice, better than my 70k Corvette. Seats are very comfortable. Good interior room. Handling decent for sedan and weight.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission problems with 3rd gear synchro, dealer won't fix as they can't reproduce problem. I understand they can't go around replacing transmissions without knowing it's for sure bad. However, I work 60-90 hrs a week, them taking 2mins to say car is ok is very frustrating. Also, MPG not good!