Overated Honda Quality
By DrYzf600 on
2006 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
The car is basically a good car. It is the quality and dealer experience that ruins it. I bought it with 6 miles on the odo and it died on me when I was driving it,no power, nothing.A few mins. later it would restart. It was in for repair twice in the first 2 weeks. It was a bad engine computer like I told them to check the first time.But I'm not a "mechanic", so what do I know? Now the paint on the bottom window trim is curling back and I have a bulge in the A pillar airbag cover/trim piece. Also I have an electrical problem that they say is "normal" the headlights dim and the idle gets rough and the hvac fan surges. I say bad alternator, they say it just cant keep up and that its normal.
Favorite Features
Looks, driving position, seats(wish for lumbar adjust though). Intuitive controls. Ride and handling (except the crappy tires). Trunk space, radio reception.
Suggested Improvements
Better quility control. The orange peel paint that doesnt last 8 months? Electrical gremlins. The tires this car really needs. Fuel economy is only 33mpg highway, I got that in my old Lumina. Decent speakers. I bought the car because of Honda's reputation, I am not impressed,got better from GM & BMW