2006 Honda Accord Consumer Review: One Great Car

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

One Great Car
By ha2006 on

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Ive owned my Accord for 1 year 5 months now. Its been a great car to me other than me having to have the transmission replaced. Dont expect yours to crap out on you though, the previous owner only had the fluid changed 1 time in 100,000 miles. Bad idea. Oh well, other than that its been great! Just usual maintenance is all its needed. It feels like a very solid car, i get 25-27 mpg routinely and all i do is drive to school and work. Its in good shape overall, i do detail it every week. The paint still looks great. Mine has 110,000 miles on it now and it still drives great. VERY smooth 4 cylinder engine and more than enough pick up, this thing is peppy! continued in favorite features section.

I change the oil every 3 months / 3000 miles because I drive only short distances. But I'm going to try and extend that to 5000 miles. My car has a maintenance minder system that tells you when, I just dont have the gumption to trust it yet. So Im overly careful. Overall great car! overall I would give it 4.5 starts for the reliability, good gas mileage, and timeless looks. If you are in the used car market find a well maintained accord and buy it! you will NOT be disappointed.

I guess it could have better breaks. Ive had them resurfaced once and they are wobbling again. Also, every morning (worse if its cold) when i cut the steering wheel to turn out of the driveway it clunks and thunks and jerks. Im sure something is wrong, I had the fluid changed, and Im gentle on it so hopefully it wont get worse.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review