Five New Accords and Still Buying
By Austin McCown on
2006 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
This is really a great little car. It is extremely dependable. This is not my first Accord. If it proves to be, as it has so far, having the dependability of its older brothers, it will be unbeatable. It is a blast to drive, handling like one of the cars in the 40-50K price range. I do wish they would improve on the quality of the leather. It just isn't durable. Cheap leather coupled with cheap vinyl! The brakes are also still a problem. I am already seeing signs of problems. These are my main complaints. I don't understand why Honda can't get the brakes to be more efficient. Other than that, I love my Accord. I was at 1st concerned about the 4-cyl. Not to worry! Power Plus!!!!!
Favorite Features
The handling of the automobile is my favorite feature. It rounds corners like a race car! The gas mileage is something I like as well. I get an average of 24 m.p.g., combined city and highway. I'm sure it would be lots better if I drove the speed limit and took corners a little slower. No fun!!
Suggested Improvements
The quality of the leather seats. I wished the seats were 100% leather as well as a much better quality. The brakes. I have owned 5 new Accords in my lifetime. All of them needed brakes way before I thought it was time. This could be improved upon I believe. I would like to see, a keypad entry.