Really good... but
By gringoviejo on
2006 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I bought this car for my wife 5 years ago. Attractive, well put together, sporty, economical, reliable, and still turns head after all this time. The car is pretty good, too! It reminds me a lot of the old Prelude, but a lot bigger.
Favorite Features
Exterior design is still much prettier than the current version, and the handling is solid. True, there's not that much power with the 4-cylinder, but we seldom get to drive those twisty mountain roads. It's fine around town and cruises comfortably at 80. Controls are simple and well laid out.
Suggested Improvements
There are a few things that could be improved: 1. There's very little head room for tall drivers. 2. Visibility is limited, and I can't see the fenders. 3. Mediocre sound system. 4. Had to replace the brakes twice in 50K miles, and they could use a size upgrade, too. 5. Lip of the trunk could be lower for easier access. 6. What, no Bluetooth, iPod Xface even on the EX-L? 7. Large footprint, medium-small cabin. 8. Why doesn't Honda put more sound insulation on these babies? My Avalon is *silent*. 9. Access to the back seat is difficult because of the roof line and seat belt placement. 10. I'd happily pay more for better leather. 11. This car would be 10 times more useful as a hatchback.