2006 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Love the power
By lugnutz on 12/25/05 13:04 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather, Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car has exceptional power being that it runs on 87 octane. Mileage has been around 20 with a mixture of city/highway with plenty of full throttle runs on the freeway on ramps. Also a lot of warm-up in the driveway. Love the interior.

2006 Accord Coupe V6 Six Speed
By George Knighton on 12/22/05 23:53 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Unbelievably full featured car. Wonderful torquey motor that pulls from low RPM in any gear. You can either leave it in a high gear and drive like it's (almost)an automatic or row through the gears and keep it in the high power band for fun. The car is amazingly quick for a Honda that runs on 87 octane. I can see why VSA is standard equipment because you can get yourself into some serious situations with lift throttle. :o

I LOOOOOVE my accord!!
By Islandgrl on 12/22/05 00:25 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2006 Accord Coupe is my first car..i couldn't have asked for more. = ) This car is so reliable, i never have ANY problems with it. It's easy to clean, fast...enough ; ) and the ride is very smooth. I HIGHLY recommend this car for ANY ages!

Beware of New Automatic Trans
By pc garber on 12/08/05 00:28 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather, Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had less than 200 miles before the torque converter went. At 400 miles Honda replaced the transmission. I thought Hondas were supposed to be "bullet-proof".

Excellent commuter vehicle
By MSletten on 11/23/05 11:17 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

If you want a fun, stylish commuter that's thrifty at the pump, this is your car. So far I've averaged 32 mpg (measured by me) despite having nearly 170 hp on tap--a magnificent engineering feat by Honda! My perception of 4 cyl engines is forever changed. This is a quiet, comfortable, fun, economical and FAST car. Don't get the 4 cyl engine for your teenager thinking it'll keep him/her out of trouble! The five-speed shifter is butter-smooth, and with a hyraulically-assisted clutch makes putting the 170 ponies on the ground an enjoyable endeavor. And for the icing; airbags all around-- head, side and front. I'm very pleased with this vehicle!

Came back to Accord
By Calvin Mott on 11/05/05 11:00 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wow! I have had 3 Accords previously and then had an '02 Acura TL. I wanted to stay with Honda/Acura but needed regular gas. We love our '06 Accord. Regular gas, more room than the TL, smoothest engine and trans. I have ever had, great fit and trim, fun to drive, great style and design improvements, good value. We like it much better than the Acura TL. No regrets.

Five New Accords and Still Buying
By Austin McCown on 10/30/05 13:58 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is really a great little car. It is extremely dependable. This is not my first Accord. If it proves to be, as it has so far, having the dependability of its older brothers, it will be unbeatable. It is a blast to drive, handling like one of the cars in the 40-50K price range. I do wish they would improve on the quality of the leather. It just isn't durable. Cheap leather coupled with cheap vinyl! The brakes are also still a problem. I am already seeing signs of problems. These are my main complaints. I don't understand why Honda can't get the brakes to be more efficient. Other than that, I love my Accord. I was at 1st concerned about the 4-cyl. Not to worry! Power Plus!!!!!

Great Great Great
By JIM on 10/26/05 07:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is truly "the" automobile. If there is anything negative to say, it would be that the back seats have no leg room. I am taller and need my seat back which eliminates legroom in the back. I don't need back seat so this is basically a 2 seater for me. I love this vehicle! I am never in a hurry to get anywhere anymore. In fact when I get there I wish I still had some more miles to cruise.

Honda...still the best
By tygger on 10/19/05 14:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've always owned Accords or Civics, and just traded my Civic for the 06 Accord. We looked at the 2006 Civic, but the interior is...well, weird. The 2006 Accord is MUCH nicer and roomier, and the cost is very comparable once you add all the goodies. Absolutely no complaints..we drive a lot and love the new Accord. But one side note: be sure you CAREFULLY check the interior doors. Somehow the factory installed gray interior on the drivers side, and black on the passengers side, and we didn't notice for a week. No big deal, and Honda is making it right with no hassle. The Accord is definitely much nicer than the Civic and worth the extra money.

V-6 6 SPD w/Nav stands alone
By Steven W. on 10/18/05 03:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The V-6 6-Speed Coupe with Navigation stands alone in the Accords in terms of performance, appearance, and fun. You will love rowing the gears in this car as it zips from 0-60 in a slim 5.9 seconds. Stange price range though. For the same price you can get into a number of "luxury"-brand cars but with far less features (such as the voice activated nav). It is also competing with cars like the Nissan Altima 3.5. The Altima, however, does not offer a V6 6-Speed with Nav. They offer a V6 with Nav. They offer a V6 with a 6- Speed. But they do not offer a V6 6- Speed with Nav. How silly is that? The Accord also blows the Nissan away in terms of build quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.