Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My not so sport sedan
By Jett1

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy my Accord but just like others the 3rd gear is screwy. I like the space the leather seats hold well for the occasional aggressive driving. I use it as my daily driver the V6 is very peppy. A little stronger clutch would be nice to hold the heavy (fast high revving) shift's but for normal driving it is just fine. For the fuel mileage I am averaging 23-25 mpg with a mix of city/hwy driving. I feel the mpg is great.

v-tec V6 mated with the 6spd, sunroof, carbon fiber interior parts, seating for 5

For this year they could have used the brambo's from the Acura TL, Better balance the weight of the car so it could go into corners better, Tweak the 6 spd's 3rd gear

Typical Honda Reliability
By Andrew

2006 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven 5 Honda cars before and bought this one for the same reason I, or my family, has owned the others: reliability and low cost of maintenance. The only problems have been a faulty engine temperature gauge, which would have cost a lot more to replace in other car brands, and a window issue. In the last 300 miles, the driver's side window would not roll up. This has happened twice and is intermittent. I think the switch will probably have to be replaced. I doubt it will be a costly repair. Other than that, no issues. I just paid it off and plan to drive it to 300k, which is a possibility with these cars. My only complaint is Honda interiors tend to rattle, which started early on.

Great gas mileage. I average 32.50 with mixed highway and city driving. I once got 36 on an all highway trip, and the car was filled to the ceiling with heavy camping gear. I like that the iPod is connected to the steering wheel controls. For only a 4 cylinder, it has a lot of pick up. Big trunk.

Tighten up the interior, so it doesn't creak and rattle at 5k miles. Make the iPod connection standard. Make dual windows auto standard. More horsepower for the 4 cylinder. I think the last three of these were/are standard on the 2008 model. More curb rash resistant wheels.

Good value but a few faults
By Steve

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This Honda Accord showed that the Honda line came a long way. The standard features in the car are what you would expect from a luxury car. This vehicle takes the bumps well and has tight handling. Pick-up is adequate. The seats are supportive and comfortable and leg room is not an issue. Trunk room is decent, and the stereo system is A+ considering its standard. The heated seats are also a plus. The biggest negative about the car is its weight. Its way to light and you can easily feel the smallest breeze when driving above 65 MPH.

seats, handling, stereo system, room, fuel economy, reliability

make the Accord heavier and have an AWD option.

Excellent Car
By Steve

2006 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It does all things well, but nothing spectacularly. That having been said, I don't appreciate it until I have to drive something else then I want my Accord back. Handling is excellent. 3.0 L V6 makes good power and torque.

Engine, 5 speed automatic transmission, steering wheel-mounted audio controls. Ergonomically very pleasing, everything is right where it should be, and well within reach.

It's ridiculous that this car didn't come standard with an I-pod input. Blind spots are HUGE: I have to look over my shoulder each time that I change lanes, regardless of how I position the mirrors. Brakes are too sensitive. Dealership charges too much (250/tire) for new OE (Michelin) tires.

"as opposed to Toyota Camry"
By biggelow

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather, Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When we bought our Honda we were shopping for our 3rd Camry, however, the Toyota salesman was more interested in his newspaper so we went across the street to May Honda in Waco. Kind of a lucky break, The Honda Accord is quieter and has a quieter "more substantial" feel. For a 4 cylinder auto, I have never felt as though I needed more power, the 4 banger does really well in town nd on the highway. I have 130k miles on the odometer and it is still as quiet, responsive and comfortable as it was when new. The only thing negative I can think of is that the tires have to be "V" rated and those tires are expensive, noisy, wear fast. "W" rated tires would have been the right choice.

Nav unit and XM radio

W rated tires instead of V rated (who would ever travel at sustained speeds over 143?)

• SUV