Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Excellent Car
By Steve

2006 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It does all things well, but nothing spectacularly. That having been said, I don't appreciate it until I have to drive something else then I want my Accord back. Handling is excellent. 3.0 L V6 makes good power and torque.

Engine, 5 speed automatic transmission, steering wheel-mounted audio controls. Ergonomically very pleasing, everything is right where it should be, and well within reach.

It's ridiculous that this car didn't come standard with an I-pod input. Blind spots are HUGE: I have to look over my shoulder each time that I change lanes, regardless of how I position the mirrors. Brakes are too sensitive. Dealership charges too much (250/tire) for new OE (Michelin) tires.

"as opposed to Toyota Camry"
By biggelow

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather, Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When we bought our Honda we were shopping for our 3rd Camry, however, the Toyota salesman was more interested in his newspaper so we went across the street to May Honda in Waco. Kind of a lucky break, The Honda Accord is quieter and has a quieter "more substantial" feel. For a 4 cylinder auto, I have never felt as though I needed more power, the 4 banger does really well in town nd on the highway. I have 130k miles on the odometer and it is still as quiet, responsive and comfortable as it was when new. The only thing negative I can think of is that the tires have to be "V" rated and those tires are expensive, noisy, wear fast. "W" rated tires would have been the right choice.

Nav unit and XM radio

W rated tires instead of V rated (who would ever travel at sustained speeds over 143?)

3-Year Review - Excellent Car!
By NOVA_CMUTR

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 3 years - highly dependable, reliable and comfortable. I use this car to commute in the brutal DC area traffic. Great acceleration (V6), braking and maneuverability. Gas mileage could be better - 22 city/28 hwy. As others have noted, there are occasional problems with the 3rd gear synch on the manual transmission, the car's only flaw. This is my 3rd Accord; great performance and reliability for the price!

Leather seats, XM Radio for the long commute, sunroof, V6 performance, 6-speed manual transmission.

Fuel economy

Honda is the best
By brian

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I own 2002 accord and I love it. This 2006 model is great too. I am finding the fuel economy close to the 2.3l in the 2002 if I don't drive it hard. But it's nice to have that extra Hp from the V6 when you need it on demand. I am very impressed with it. I am not sure why it did not come with side moldings, that would prevent a lot of door dings from other parked cars . But overall I am very pleased with this used car with only 42,000 km on it.

5 speed auto transmission for better fuel economy. Leather seats, heated seats, sunroof, great sound system, powerful motor when needed.

The side moldings would be a plus and the suspension is very tight which causes a rough ride. The 2002 sedan has a better ride.

My First Honda
By HalBill

2006 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2006 Accord LX Cope, 5-29- 10, This was a pre owned with a one previous owner. I fill that I got the best deal possible. I have driven it only about 80 miles so far. But it is great car, Drove over a few rough roads with no rattles. Great Looks, love the moon roof, cd player, power seats, 17" wheels. Lots of get up and go. Haven't driven it enough to tell about the Miles per gallon. Hopefully the v6 will provide that. In the past I have owned a Toyota Camry and a Nissan maxima. After one day of ownership I can say that the Honda is the better car.

The Body Style is very nice. The Color is RED. Moon Roof, 6 cd changer, 17" wheels, Power driver seat. Controls on the steering wheel, lots of truck space. Lots of power with the V6 engine.

Lumbar Support on the drivers seat. Compass and Temperature for outside.