Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 480 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2006 Honda Accord LX Leather
By Mary O'Keefe

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Special order of a LX-L Desert Mist. Came fully equipped with no extras except tinted windows. Never use the sun roof. Car has been very reliable and gets 25 mph in the city. Only complaints are two: (1) road noise on Texas non-skid surfaced roads is so loud as unable to converse except by shouting at highway speeds. Have been told by dealer that this is a common complaint that cannot be fixed by undercoating, etc. and (2) front passenger comfort is poor as feel every bump; hence, this has been turned into a town driving only vehicle. Otherwise, it has been one of the best vehicles we've owned and the 25 mph local mileage is a real plus.

reliability, low mileage

Provide a means to damp out road noise. Add cushioning (?) for front passenger seat to soften bumps

One Awedome Honda
By Richard

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought this black beauty with 30,000 miles on it and am amazed at its performance, economy, handling, and comfort levels. It's definitely at the top of its class and better than many costing thousands more. I put 18 inch 2009 Honda wheels on it (with 235/40/ZR18 Michelin tires), and it corners like it's on rails. The black leather interior says luxury in every aspect. No amenities were left to chance, per the usual Honda mindset. Just put 262 miles on it last night (75 mph freeway driving) and got 29.5 mpg - very good for this powerful V6. Glad it shares its stellar reputation with its 'bread-and- butter' sister (Sedan) while adding a bit of individualism 'sport' to its look/feel.

Style, comfort, reliability, reputation, value, performance, economy, ergonomics, handling, ride.

Only small issues - XM radio has no 'Aux' port (for IPod, etc.). Rear seating (Coupe) is really only comfortable for two adults (with about 6 inches less legroom than the Sedan) and a bit 'sparse' on the side panels. As usual, I HATE the 'donut' spare - dangerous to say the least. No others now.

Still the Best Car I Ever Owned
By Bruce

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, I wrote a review of this car in January 2006 when I had owned it for 4 months. It is now 5 years old and I still Love it! Despite being hit from behind and knocked into another car for $5000 damage and a little later being hit by a tree for another $4000 damage, it still rides and drives as good as the day I bought it! 97,500 miles and only maintenance has been oil changes, tires, one new set of spark plugs, brakes, battery and one headlamp. I don't get quite the gas mileage I should be, but that is my fault as I need to change out the air filter and probably the gas one as well. This is one great car! I will own Honda's from now on!

reliability, handling, great ride

little less cabin noise would be nice

Great affordable used sports coupe
By My06Accord

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I sold my Acura and my Subaru WRX STi due to buying a house. I was looking for a reliable, affordable and comfortable coupe. I found this car with 53,000 miles, new tires and new brakes. Please check the battery carefully, mine was leaking and the positive terminal was corroded. The car is very comfortable and pretty quiet (not much road noise) compared to what I used to drive. I paid 14K. The V6 has 240 hp from the factory, I added the AEM V2 cold air intake for another 15. The car gets easily 300 miles on a tank and uses 87 octane.

Comfortable, XM radio, low-key, sporty, dual exhaust design. The parts are not expensive.

The factory brakes are garbage, I replaced mine with DBA 4000/Hawk ceramic pads. The radio design isn't a double din, can't go with aftermarket NAV.

My not so sport sedan
By Jett1

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy my Accord but just like others the 3rd gear is screwy. I like the space the leather seats hold well for the occasional aggressive driving. I use it as my daily driver the V6 is very peppy. A little stronger clutch would be nice to hold the heavy (fast high revving) shift's but for normal driving it is just fine. For the fuel mileage I am averaging 23-25 mpg with a mix of city/hwy driving. I feel the mpg is great.

v-tec V6 mated with the 6spd, sunroof, carbon fiber interior parts, seating for 5

For this year they could have used the brambo's from the Acura TL, Better balance the weight of the car so it could go into corners better, Tweak the 6 spd's 3rd gear