Used 2006 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 365 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My not so sport sedan
By Jett1

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy my Accord but just like others the 3rd gear is screwy. I like the space the leather seats hold well for the occasional aggressive driving. I use it as my daily driver the V6 is very peppy. A little stronger clutch would be nice to hold the heavy (fast high revving) shift's but for normal driving it is just fine. For the fuel mileage I am averaging 23-25 mpg with a mix of city/hwy driving. I feel the mpg is great.

v-tec V6 mated with the 6spd, sunroof, carbon fiber interior parts, seating for 5

For this year they could have used the brambo's from the Acura TL, Better balance the weight of the car so it could go into corners better, Tweak the 6 spd's 3rd gear

Good value but a few faults
By Steve

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This Honda Accord showed that the Honda line came a long way. The standard features in the car are what you would expect from a luxury car. This vehicle takes the bumps well and has tight handling. Pick-up is adequate. The seats are supportive and comfortable and leg room is not an issue. Trunk room is decent, and the stereo system is A+ considering its standard. The heated seats are also a plus. The biggest negative about the car is its weight. Its way to light and you can easily feel the smallest breeze when driving above 65 MPH.

seats, handling, stereo system, room, fuel economy, reliability

make the Accord heavier and have an AWD option.

"as opposed to Toyota Camry"
By biggelow

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather, Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When we bought our Honda we were shopping for our 3rd Camry, however, the Toyota salesman was more interested in his newspaper so we went across the street to May Honda in Waco. Kind of a lucky break, The Honda Accord is quieter and has a quieter "more substantial" feel. For a 4 cylinder auto, I have never felt as though I needed more power, the 4 banger does really well in town nd on the highway. I have 130k miles on the odometer and it is still as quiet, responsive and comfortable as it was when new. The only thing negative I can think of is that the tires have to be "V" rated and those tires are expensive, noisy, wear fast. "W" rated tires would have been the right choice.

Nav unit and XM radio

W rated tires instead of V rated (who would ever travel at sustained speeds over 143?)

3-Year Review - Excellent Car!
By NOVA_CMUTR

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 3 years - highly dependable, reliable and comfortable. I use this car to commute in the brutal DC area traffic. Great acceleration (V6), braking and maneuverability. Gas mileage could be better - 22 city/28 hwy. As others have noted, there are occasional problems with the 3rd gear synch on the manual transmission, the car's only flaw. This is my 3rd Accord; great performance and reliability for the price!

Leather seats, XM Radio for the long commute, sunroof, V6 performance, 6-speed manual transmission.

Fuel economy

Think I am going to Hyundai
By JJD

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord new in 2007. The car went into the dealership to have rear driver door adjusted due to air & water leak and also a faulty center console door shortly after the purchase. Both were repaired & are fine now. The car has not given me any other mechanical problems. Just the normals replaced battery, tires, and brakes. Approaching 100k so not sure how much longer I will keep this car for. Even though I like the styling of the latest Accords, there seems to be the same cheap interior Honda is & has been known for. I will probably switch over to Hyundai since they've come a long ways & are winning awards these days!

The car is pretty basic. I added TSX retrofitted projectors to the Accord's headlamps to have OEM HIDs. I also added an Ipod connection that plugged into the cd changer connector. There is nothing that stands out about the Accord LX. Nothing at all!

My biggest complaint are the rattles! The dash, seat belt connection at top, center console, drivers window. The car rattles like crazy! Trunk hinges need to be out of trunk cargo area! Honda, look at the Chevy Malibu & sure others are doing the same!