Used 2006 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Manual Clutch Needs Overhaul
By Kent

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car brand new off of the lot back in Aug 2006. I really like this car, is comfortable and fun to drive. The stereo system gets some lame reviews but I find it to be pretty good compared to other cars. That being said watch out for the clutch and shifter. The shifter knob looks destroyed after only 3 yrs and the clutch is weak at best (See below) This is my third manual transmission car and have never experienced this kind of problem.

Favorite Features

I like the Navigation system and the Graphite interior.

Suggested Improvements

Shifter knob deteriorates quickly. 3 yrs old and it is destroyed. Also the Clutch on this is junk! 3 gear sync out in less than 18k and again in 12k. 4th gear out in less than 40k. Honda is aware of the problem but dealers are reluctant to honor warranty. See technical bulletins

Great car
By samuel

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I now drive this car after owning several Honda / Acura vehicles in the past. They are the best vehicles on the road for the money. It is powerful enough to get by most cars, and yet just blends in like a regular car. It isn't flashy, but I love my Accord . I only wish that I would have gotten the v6 manual instead of the auto. Simple, reliable, classy, yet sporty. I have always been satisfied with Honda products and I'm a loyal customer. Looking forward to my next car, the 2017 Honda Accord.

Favorite Features

v6 power, styling, led tail lights

Suggested Improvements

stereo could be better, needs to have a mp3 aux port

Poor man's BMW
By Mindy

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Don't believe the estimated mpg. I consistently get 26mpg city/hwy & 31 hwy. This V6 is fast, comfortable & fun to drive. It doesn't handle quite as well in the corners as my previous car, 1995 BMW 525i, but would blow the doors off it. You do notice road noise at hwy speeds & the ride is a little stiff, feeling the bumps in the road, but that could be the original tires. It handles well in snow even with original tires. The interior & dash are well designed to keep controls simple and easy to reach. I'm a 6'2" male & have plenty of leg & head room.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage, Looks, Heated Seats, 0-60 mph, 8 Cup Holders, Interior Comfort, No Blind Spots, Storage Compartments, Chrome Duel Exhaust Tips, XM Radio

Suggested Improvements

The VSA on V6 model tends to make the car feel like the transmission is doing something wrong sometimes, at speeds under 10 mph. Paint chips easily, especially at edges [door, hood, deck lid].

My Mafia Car
By Radmanaustin

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

If you can be in love with an inanimate object then I guess I am. My Black EX V6 Accord is just a lot of fun to drive. The 105 degree Texas weather does not bother me. Two clicks and hold on the door unlock button lowers all windows. The jet black paint needs frequent washes but this car deserves the love. Gas mileage is as advertised, 21 mpg city. I work for the State Environmental Agency and I tried driving green but decided that fun was the better choice. Buy an Accord used and save your money. Mine was two years old and it looks brand new. They are built to last. I call it my mafia car and my wife just laughs.

One Dependable Car
By Dave

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this 2006 Accord 4 cyl automatic new and the vehicle has 205,000 miles on it. Only routine maintenance has been required so far. It's one great dependable car. I would purchase another car, but this one is too dependable.