Used 2006 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Fun car, lacking a little oomph.
By Maia

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather, Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first car. It's a great first car: safe, reliable, relatively stylish. I regret getting the 4 cylinder engine though. Gas mileage is great, but it lacks the extra oomph I like on the highway or simply starting off at a green light. The interior is beautiful - I got all of the features and the navigation is extremely easy to use. In conclusion: great coupe! Great first car! If you like speed and power, get the V6.

Navigation is easy to use, leather seats are luxurious, spedometer easy to read, dashboard is pretty straightforward. Voice command is easy to use.

Automatic headlights. Less grabby brakes.

Cant beat a honda
By pete

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I baught my honda about a year ago, and I have to say that I am very pleased overall. It could be a little better in the snow, but still does ok in the winter. My only dissapointment was when I went to trade the car in a few weeks ago to upgrade to an 07, and the dealership told me that they would give me $16,500 on trade in for it. (baught new for about $25,000) a little dissapiointing seeing as thought I thaugt hondas were suppose to keep their value well. Still a great car though. I have no problem holding on to.

contemporary design, and reliabilility, this car is very fun to drive, and love taking it on long trips, I cant say that about many cars.

smoother ride, and better handling to compete with toyota and nissan. Honda trys to make the accord too much of a race car.

Honda Accord review
By Jotorn

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love the fit and finish, and the interior materials. Traded in my 2002 Lexus ES 300. The Honda is tighter and unlike the lexus, my transmission is flawlesssly smooth. I wouldn't recommend any other brand to anyone and I have been in the business for 15 years. Can't wait to see what the new one will look like! I'm sure I'll be a fan as well. I can't tell you what I would improve on I had a lot of choices to make when I chose this one, I feel my choice was best, and have nothing but good things to tell anyone looking to buy an Accord.

I love the interior quality of materials and tight feel. 6 cylinder performs quietly, yet very powerful,and I have the security of knowing it's a Honda.

Wish it was a bit better!!!!
By CoronaL

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd new honda in the past 3yrs for my family. 2 previous were practically flawless, however this one has been somewhat of a PIA. 3rd gear is problematic to shift into at times, and dealer "cannot replicate the problem". I'd challenge they haven't really tried. Known problem for this transmission in a minority of cars. I don't have time to do other peoples jobs so I suffer through it. Otherwise I really like the car, it's very comfortable, handles well, is good in winter etc. Just wish that MPG was a bit better, I have yet to hit the HWY rating even at 65mph on even interstate I'm falling 3-4mpg short. 3rd Gear is synchro issue, but dealer won't fix it, making car less fun.

Interior ergonomics, stereo is decent for stock. Leather is nice, better than my 70k Corvette. Seats are very comfortable. Good interior room. Handling decent for sedan and weight.

Transmission problems with 3rd gear synchro, dealer won't fix as they can't reproduce problem. I understand they can't go around replacing transmissions without knowing it's for sure bad. However, I work 60-90 hrs a week, them taking 2mins to say car is ok is very frustrating. Also, MPG not good!

ripped off
By dan

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 coupe in 2005 i decided one day to compare spec 0-60 the clutch blew up when i hit 2nd gear they would not go good with warranty nailed me for 18,000 for one years use had 9600 km on it i have never been so disappointed how i was treated by the dealer and honda canada

clutch is a poor design or never installed correct