Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great affordable used sports coupe
By My06Accord

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I sold my Acura and my Subaru WRX STi due to buying a house. I was looking for a reliable, affordable and comfortable coupe. I found this car with 53,000 miles, new tires and new brakes. Please check the battery carefully, mine was leaking and the positive terminal was corroded. The car is very comfortable and pretty quiet (not much road noise) compared to what I used to drive. I paid 14K. The V6 has 240 hp from the factory, I added the AEM V2 cold air intake for another 15. The car gets easily 300 miles on a tank and uses 87 octane.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, XM radio, low-key, sporty, dual exhaust design. The parts are not expensive.

Suggested Improvements

The factory brakes are garbage, I replaced mine with DBA 4000/Hawk ceramic pads. The radio design isn't a double din, can't go with aftermarket NAV.

My not so sport sedan
By Jett1

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy my Accord but just like others the 3rd gear is screwy. I like the space the leather seats hold well for the occasional aggressive driving. I use it as my daily driver the V6 is very peppy. A little stronger clutch would be nice to hold the heavy (fast high revving) shift's but for normal driving it is just fine. For the fuel mileage I am averaging 23-25 mpg with a mix of city/hwy driving. I feel the mpg is great.

Favorite Features

v-tec V6 mated with the 6spd, sunroof, carbon fiber interior parts, seating for 5

Suggested Improvements

For this year they could have used the brambo's from the Acura TL, Better balance the weight of the car so it could go into corners better, Tweak the 6 spd's 3rd gear

Typical Honda Reliability
By Andrew

2006 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven 5 Honda cars before and bought this one for the same reason I, or my family, has owned the others: reliability and low cost of maintenance. The only problems have been a faulty engine temperature gauge, which would have cost a lot more to replace in other car brands, and a window issue. In the last 300 miles, the driver's side window would not roll up. This has happened twice and is intermittent. I think the switch will probably have to be replaced. I doubt it will be a costly repair. Other than that, no issues. I just paid it off and plan to drive it to 300k, which is a possibility with these cars. My only complaint is Honda interiors tend to rattle, which started early on.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage. I average 32.50 with mixed highway and city driving. I once got 36 on an all highway trip, and the car was filled to the ceiling with heavy camping gear. I like that the iPod is connected to the steering wheel controls. For only a 4 cylinder, it has a lot of pick up. Big trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Tighten up the interior, so it doesn't creak and rattle at 5k miles. Make the iPod connection standard. Make dual windows auto standard. More horsepower for the 4 cylinder. I think the last three of these were/are standard on the 2008 model. More curb rash resistant wheels.

Good value but a few faults
By Steve

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This Honda Accord showed that the Honda line came a long way. The standard features in the car are what you would expect from a luxury car. This vehicle takes the bumps well and has tight handling. Pick-up is adequate. The seats are supportive and comfortable and leg room is not an issue. Trunk room is decent, and the stereo system is A+ considering its standard. The heated seats are also a plus. The biggest negative about the car is its weight. Its way to light and you can easily feel the smallest breeze when driving above 65 MPH.

Favorite Features

seats, handling, stereo system, room, fuel economy, reliability

Suggested Improvements

make the Accord heavier and have an AWD option.

Excellent Car
By Steve

2006 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It does all things well, but nothing spectacularly. That having been said, I don't appreciate it until I have to drive something else then I want my Accord back. Handling is excellent. 3.0 L V6 makes good power and torque.

Favorite Features

Engine, 5 speed automatic transmission, steering wheel-mounted audio controls. Ergonomically very pleasing, everything is right where it should be, and well within reach.

Suggested Improvements

It's ridiculous that this car didn't come standard with an I-pod input. Blind spots are HUGE: I have to look over my shoulder each time that I change lanes, regardless of how I position the mirrors. Brakes are too sensitive. Dealership charges too much (250/tire) for new OE (Michelin) tires.