Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 485 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

stay away - this car is a junk-yard worthy thing nothing more
By 190r_k

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had this Honda Accord EX V6 for more than 6 years. This was a complete waste of money - problems started almost right after first year - annoying noise in the driver and passenger doors.
Then, it had an issue with the steering wheel power pump, next engine mounts broke, then transmission died (at 60000 miles), next I had to replace struts, then steering pump was replaced and finally it started leaking oil... and... well, this list can go on, thankfully I had extended warranty so most of the repairs didn't cost me big $$.

Love it
By jj772528

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 20,000 miles on it. I've driven it 80,000 miles with just oil changes and one break job and a alignment. The car handles great on dry and rainy roads. Its pretty comfortable even for me I'm 6ft 2in and over three hundred pounds. The only negative I find is that it does'nt handle that well in snow. Over all I love it and would recommend it.

The gas mileage.

Improve the stability in snow.

Typical Honda
By roy71

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda, my first was a 95 accord that made it to 224,000 miles. I really like this new one. It handles much better and rides firmer (which i like) the braking is decent and the 2.4 i v-tec engine is quicker and better on fuel than my old V6. Mine is pretty basic, it has manual cloth seats, no sunroof, no heated seats or nav. but i like it because it does what its supposed to do well. Im a little leery though about the transmission, to me it seems to shift rough compared to other cars ive been in. Mine has 97,500 on it and im hoping it will get me to at least 250,000. I plan to take good care of it and follow the service manual, hopefully it will pay off. If you can, buy one!

The sporty feel for a midsize car. Good gas mileage (23 city 25 mixed city/highway) compared to my old honda 17-18 city) Its very comfortable and the seats are supportive. It has a timeless look to it like most hondas so when you hit the 200,000 mile mark it wont look old =) the dash board is laid out very nicely and looks attractive. The keyless entry is great. I love that there is no timing belt to change. Lots of space for driver and passengers everywhere, cupholders for everyone, HUGE trunk which doesnt apply to me but still...its HUGE! and my favorite feature...its a HONDA.

Better paint, i can tell mine looks like its beginning to oxidize in some spots and on the front bumper and hood there are a bunch of little spots where the paint chipped away. Smoother tranny, the shifts feel a little to hard sometimes, but as longs as there is nothing wrong im cool with it. Thats about it though, its hard to find stuff i dont like about it =)

still drives like new
By iheartbmw

2006 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

had this car for over 5 yrs. 53k miles. still drives like new. cd player died after six months and got changed under warranty. otherwise just gas/oil and one battery change (i lived in cleveland).
plenty of inside leg and head room - i am 6'2''.
getting 24-26 mpg city and > 34 hwy. best was 40 mpg/hwy cruising at 65mph on flat road with empty car - i thought gas gauge malfunctioned :).
got two friends with similar accords (05 model) and they have a similar story.
will keep until wheels fall off.

Really good... but
By gringoviejo

2006 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife 5 years ago. Attractive, well put together, sporty, economical, reliable, and still turns head after all this time. The car is pretty good, too! It reminds me a lot of the old Prelude, but a lot bigger.

Exterior design is still much prettier than the current version, and the handling is solid. True, there's not that much power with the 4-cylinder, but we seldom get to drive those twisty mountain roads. It's fine around town and cruises comfortably at 80. Controls are simple and well laid out.

There are a few things that could be improved: 1. There's very little head room for tall drivers. 2. Visibility is limited, and I can't see the fenders. 3. Mediocre sound system. 4. Had to replace the brakes twice in 50K miles, and they could use a size upgrade, too. 5. Lip of the trunk could be lower for easier access. 6. What, no Bluetooth, iPod Xface even on the EX-L? 7. Large footprint, medium-small cabin. 8. Why doesn't Honda put more sound insulation on these babies? My Avalon is *silent*. 9. Access to the back seat is difficult because of the roof line and seat belt placement. 10. I'd happily pay more for better leather. 11. This car would be 10 times more useful as a hatchback.