2006 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
2006 EX Sedan w/Leather
By joncab on 09/05/08 08:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new and now have 51,500 miles. It has never been in the shop except for oil changes. I went from MBZ and LEXUS to Honda and this car is actually fun to drive. The only down side to this car is that everyone else has one. Great value and dealer has been great since day one.

One of the best!
By Rick on 09/04/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather, Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my accord after looking at much higher-priced vehicles such as the Acura RL etc. I found that the accord was the better value overall especially since it was over 7K less. The V6 engine provides enough power. Very comfortable interior. VERY spacious rear seating area. Smooth and quiet ride. One of the best integrated navigation systems available. I love the XM especially on long trips. Fuel management works great and allows you to constantly manage your instant fuel consumption. I was able to get over 30 mpg CITY using this feature (granted i drove much slower but at speed limits). Can't go wrong with this car!

Best Sedan value
By Mark on 07/27/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Accord and my 4th Honda. I absolutely think they make the best cars you can buy. Fun to drive, most reliable, and low maintenance costs. If you are looking for a worry free fun car to drive that will last 10 or more years and hold its value the whole time, look no further than the Accord. I think this Accord is the best looking. They ruined the looks in 08.

I like it
By eric on 06/28/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife always wanted a Honda and we deceided to buy a luxury car when our Taurus broke down. The v-6 engine is very strong and the car handles great. I love the sunroof and the cd player. 48 dollars fills up the tank and that will last one week. I feel good about our purchase. Honda did a great job.

Who could ask for more?
By GB on 06/10/08 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and it now has 28k miles. It has been trouble free, though I do need to have the drivers window adjusted now b/c it squeaks. Recently I began driving slower (the speed limit) and it has consistently turned in 36 mpg, which is phenomenal. The car will accelerate quickly when you push it, the 4 wheel double wishbone suspension (gone on the new model) handles great and is lightweight. Honda did an excellent job on this car and I highly recommend it. I do wish it had a 6 speed manual on the 4 cylinder. My favorite feature is the electrochomatic speedo display. Great job, Honda, in creating a perfectly balanced, safe reliable, affordable car. I suggest Boston speakers

my first honda :0)
By melissa on 05/29/08 17:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first ever Honda and I have to say that so far I have NO regrets. I have always owned a Toyota and although I love Toyota, I love Honda as well! I bought this Accord with 38,000 miles on it and it rides like a dream. I love the 6 disc CD changer and the the control features in the middle are easily accessible, which was a problem in my Camry, I had to reach farther to change my radio stations. I also love the controls on the steering wheel! Awesome!! Very comfortable ride. Hugs the road. I've gotten tons of compliments on my Accord and most importantly my kids love it, too!!

it's okay
By someone on 05/14/08 08:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Loud road noise. Annoying. Radio is too week for proper adjustment of road noise. Problems with the heater, runs hot and cool. Remote sucks, I need to be up against the car just about, might as well use the key. Tires on this car are too expensive and not necessary for this model (speed rating wise). Pick up lags a bit. Pulls to the right even on flat roads with the explanation by trained factory techs "all Honda accords do this and we like to call it the 6 second rule", that's stupid. Did I mention the poor remote reception? Cool looking radio minimum features, no speed volume increase, mute. Wipers are poor and the defogger works 1/3 of the windshield. Otherwise great color!

Last Honda for me ....
By ddent01 on 03/20/08 12:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After owning Honda's for the last 30 years I am on my last one. Why you ask? It's the dealers and Honda corporate US. My local dealer service dept has one great service manager and I could do without the remainder of this dept. They continue to increase oil change fees and recently wanted to charge $129 for a transmission fluid change. Went to another dealer and got it done for $49. HONDA CORP if you read the online forums then please note you have lost another customer. I am tired of dealers nickel /diming me to death. $300 for a 30k service and the main thing you do is oil/filter, air filter, cabin filter ?!?!?! Sorry, guess it's Toyota from now on.

my 6th honda vehicle
By dan on 03/17/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I live in Toronto and purchased this car through a broker who bought it from the US, incl his 1500 fee i believe i saved about 2500 once. There are couple of things that the American cars don't have that I miss (this is my 4th Accord) the windshield washer reservoir is much smaller and it has no low level light is the big one. Also, i can't get over how much more power this 4cy has over the 99 but it is using about 35% more gas for a similar trip (I'm getting 350 miles per tank) vs 650-700k for my 99 with 300,000k on and had only one tune up. This one is a 5spd auto, tons of power off the line and at 130k. Very well screwed together, feels solid, no rattles, good value.

traded down to trade up
By honda4ever on 03/17/08 09:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

i just purchased my accord ex v6 with the nav system option, and i must say i am greatly satisfied. i owned a 2000 bmw 740il for about 4 months and all i had was pain. this honda is perfect however. my honda is a beautiful white with the tan leather interior which keeps heat low inside. the ride is great even with the 17inch tires. the 3liter v6 got 30.4 MPG on the interstate going 70. the 740 struggled for 20. not to be just like everyone else, but this honda is great so i recommend it to anyone who wants a 4door, a v6, or a great nav system.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.