2006 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
This car makes you want to drive!
By Ernie Halperin on 07/27/06 08:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My '06 Accord V-6 Coupe is the most enjoyable car to drive that I've owned or rented in the past 30 years. It offers excellent handling & strong acceleration, reasonable gas economy for a V-6 (I get 22 - 28 mpg), an attractive interior (w/leather seats) & exterior, and a large trunk for trips to the home improvement stores & vacations. So far it's been totally perfect. All in all -- a terrific and fun car. What more could you ask for in a 2 door car -- unless you have to haul a family around?

Just perfect
By cherpitbull on 07/26/06 19:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It drives easily. The standard features are amazing. The style of the coupe is elegant and sporty. It's affordable luxury.

I love this car!
By striking_accord on 07/24/06 22:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After getting the Accord, I found myself finding excuses to go out and drive just to be with the car. I love the smooth acceleration of the V6. The exterior styling is sleek, and I highly recommend that you fork over the extra money and get the spoiler package, because it makes the car look so much better. The interior is great, and there are so many things you can play with. Sound system is awesome, music is crisp and clear, XM is a nice little gift, and I think I will subscribe once my trial period is over.

V6 '06 6spd
By Dave215 on 07/22/06 23:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After testing a few cars in its class I decided to buy this one due to the price and general feel of the car. It doesn't have as many of the frills as others (Maxima, TL, even '07 Camry SE) and doesn't have as much HP and torque, but was a nice ride. There's enough power and the style is conservative but sleek. Probably the only gripe I have is that the clutch is a little funny. I thought it was just my lack of skills with a stick but after letting a few of my buddies drive it and after driving a few other cars, I realized that it's the car's problem. I read a few forums and other people stated the same problem. 1st and 2nd gear is a bit picky about the way you shift and release the clutch.

To heck with the SUV!
By hogfarmer on 06/23/06 03:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Got sick of $60 fillups every 200 miles with our V8 SUV, so looked long and hard for something sporty, affordable, and got good mileage. Great little car, very happy with 4 cylinder. Have about 4k miles so far, no complaints. Brakes are a bit touchy, will see how they hold up long term. Spend the extra $500 for spoiler, really makes look cool. More fun to drive than our Maxima, Saturn, and even diesel F350!

A very nice Honda
By tlh4tung on 06/20/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first ever Honda and I love it a lot. Nice styling and good build quality. I own a black one and took it to tint window and install HID headlight now the car looks as nice as a BMW. The performance of the car is excellent but need some practice for the cluch before get used to it. Haven't try to push the car hard but you can feel a lot of power above 3000rpm. A very comfortable, fast and fun to drive car for everyday use.

Purchased 4 months ago, Follow-up Review
By Jay on 06/17/06 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned the car for 4 months (4K miles) (See "This car has it all" review posted in March). I'm very happy with my purchase so far. I'm getting about 27 mpg, mostly highway and some city). I'm glad I purchased the 4 cy. to save in gas. However, it doesn't handle like the 6cy. I recently drove a 4 Dr 4cy 2006 Accord and it corners a little better than my coupe. Acceleration is better than the 4dr and for the size of engine especially with Super in the tank. The interior design is the best part of the car. The car also handles very well on the highway and isn't bumpy The exterior design gets a lot of compliments. Haven't had one issue with this car. Oil changes every 5k miles

Love it!
By RebeccaRose on 06/01/06 12:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, the V6 makes a difference, and the 6 speed makes an even larger difference as far as control and pick up. I have had no problems with this car, but have only had it since November '05. Love it though! Gas mileage gets better and better as you drive it and I am not using premium gas, by the way. I feel this car handles very well, accelerates quickly and is really powerful!

Look Carefully Before You Buy
By mrbritcar on 06/01/06 10:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Blinded by Honda reputation. Did not look as carfully as we should have. Seats are very hard. No lumbar adjustment. Brakes very touchy. Sheet metal is thin, almost dents by pushing on it. Paint quality not good (lots of orange peel). Not smooth, steering wheel and shifter vibrate at idle, worse when cold. Glass in windshield is poor quality, lots of distortion. It's an inexpensive car that will probably run great for a long time but it is clear that they needed to cut corners to keep the price down. In retrospect, something else would have been a better choice.

1st honda
By 1st honda on 05/29/06 12:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Awesome little car my first Honda, I can see now why Honda gets all the press. The only beef I have is I'm not very pleased with the front seats my back hurts after driving a distance in this car but overall I am very pleased. This car glides along you barely know you're driving it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.