Used 2006 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

The rumors are true! Solid car!
By SammyC

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Smart choice, great looks, reliable and an all around solid car. Have had it for roughly a year and still glad I chose it!

Favorite Features

Interior, very modern, and well thought out design.

Suggested Improvements

Front end bumper, needed restyling, but that's only inconsequential.

Not as good as I thought
By Vertigo

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I heard how great the Accord is from this website, from my experience that was wrong. My 06 Accord was the first new car I've ever purchased. I got the extended warranty, the xylon coating, and I check its vitals (oil, tire pressure, power steering, etc) weekly. I avoid rough, pot-holed, bumpy roads (and take it real slow when they can't be avoided) yet I have had soo many problems with this car. Ex.:In under 4 months my power steering started spazzing out. I had to take it in and explain to the technician (who just wanted to top off the fluid) that the reservoir shouldn't be virtually empty that quick (lots of effort went into getting them to properly inspect it).And there are more...

Favorite Features

Sunroof, smooth clutch, telescoping steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Get a team of mechanics that can actually fix problems. This summer I have taken in my car five times to get the same problem fixed. It works fine for a few days then the problem comes back It used to be that they made it slightly better than before, but after this last time its worse than ever.

Fantastic car, very near to perfection
By Mundrick

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the single best bang for your buck in the $26K and under category. Easily. Ride quality, style, comfort are all incredible. Sporty looking car (the V6 has enough power to back it up but the I-4 is a few ponies short). Everyone I've had in the car has complimented it.

Favorite Features

Great standard stereo, telescopic wheel, design of rear-end of car. So many options for not that much money.

Suggested Improvements

Add 20 HP. Car is very sluggish after 65 mph. Wipers need a faster setting (just a little bit faster). Headlights need to be a bit brighter. Auto-locking doors needed. No major improvements, just minor tweaks.

Fun car, lacking a little oomph.
By Maia

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather, Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first car. It's a great first car: safe, reliable, relatively stylish. I regret getting the 4 cylinder engine though. Gas mileage is great, but it lacks the extra oomph I like on the highway or simply starting off at a green light. The interior is beautiful - I got all of the features and the navigation is extremely easy to use. In conclusion: great coupe! Great first car! If you like speed and power, get the V6.

Favorite Features

Navigation is easy to use, leather seats are luxurious, spedometer easy to read, dashboard is pretty straightforward. Voice command is easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights. Less grabby brakes.

Cant beat a honda
By pete

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I baught my honda about a year ago, and I have to say that I am very pleased overall. It could be a little better in the snow, but still does ok in the winter. My only dissapointment was when I went to trade the car in a few weeks ago to upgrade to an 07, and the dealership told me that they would give me $16,500 on trade in for it. (baught new for about $25,000) a little dissapiointing seeing as thought I thaugt hondas were suppose to keep their value well. Still a great car though. I have no problem holding on to.

Favorite Features

contemporary design, and reliabilility, this car is very fun to drive, and love taking it on long trips, I cant say that about many cars.

Suggested Improvements

smoother ride, and better handling to compete with toyota and nissan. Honda trys to make the accord too much of a race car.