Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 484 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most reliable car I have owned
By sublimefan661

2006 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new from the dealership with 7 miles on her. Its now been 6 years, 80k miles later and she still drives the same as she did when i first got her from the dealership. No major work done except oil changes, battery once, all four tires twice, front brakes once, air filter and just passed smog with flying colors. Im going to keep driving this thing till the engine blows up.

I love the sleek, smooth look of the exterior body and stock 16" allow rims it comes with. Going for long drives are comfortable as well, as Ive gotten compliments on a couple of my friends who have driven her in the highway. The interior lighting looks nice at night too, love the red & dash lighting. Stereo system sounds very nice too, you would think I am using an 8" sub with very pleasant sounding mids and highs.

I dont like how quickly the black pain wears off of the wipers to where you can see the metal underneath the paint. The paint job its self is cheap, I think its a single coat which scratches off very easily, you can probably scratch the paint by just rubbing your finger nail on it. I also wish Honda would get with the game and start using HID projector lenses like BMW, Audi, VW and even Toyota. also, when I drive with all the windows shut, I think it could be more of a quieter ride. Despite these complaints, the over all reliability and safety of this car makes it very worth the purchase.

Totally worth it :)
By mau1740

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used 2 yrs ago with 48K miles. Today it has 103K miles and I have never had a problem with it .The only thing I have done is change the battery.
Drives excellent and is very reliable. It gets about 29 to a gallon on average.
Great car :)

Best car I have owned!!!
By bluecrablover

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I inherited this car after I surprised my husband with a pick up truck.
We bought it new.
I have been driving it for the past 2.5 years.
It has almost 100000 miles and has never been repaired.
Regular maintenance only.
I have replaced the brakes once and 1 set of new tires and a battery and oil changes.
That is it.
I will drive this car until the wheels fall off.
The wipers bang loudly and will cost about
300.00 to replace the motor.
That's it.
And this is coming from a die hard Camry driver.
I would buy another Honda Accord.

Finally reviewing....
By wds1

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the 2006 Accord Ex-V6 since it was new, but have never reviewed it until now. This is the fourth Honda I have owned. I keep all my cars for many years.

This car is quite comfortable. I think that is my favorite aspect of the car. The leather seats have held up well. I have had the car almost 7 years (purchased in Nov. 05) and the leather is still not split. My back seats still look practically new. Nothing in the interior has ever broken, to date. The exterior paint is thin and scratches easily. The reported sticker gas mileage is totally inaccurate. It avgs. 18 mpg. The reliability of the car does not compare to my former Honda cars. It's been towed three times in the last year!

Comfortable leather seats, fairly nice interior materials, and adjustable armrest are my favorite features. This car has mutiple luxury features for a fairly affordable price. I pd. $26K in 05.

The reported gas mileage on the sticker was truly a lie! Honda needs to tell the truth about MPG's on their stickers! The car has had reliability issues, unlike my other Honda cars. The trunk leaked the first month I had the vehicle. The car has been towed mutiple times, even with all the required maintenance. It gives you a sense of insecurity when you take it out of town. It was towed just a couple of months ago on a trip. When I received the $950 bill, it took the pleasure out of our trip! The keyless trunk entry has not worked in years and the Honda dealership could not even fix the problem! SUGGESTION HONDA CORP. - MAKE VEHICLES LIKE YOUR OLD ONES!

stay away - this car is a junk-yard worthy thing nothing more
By 190r_k

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had this Honda Accord EX V6 for more than 6 years. This was a complete waste of money - problems started almost right after first year - annoying noise in the driver and passenger doors.
Then, it had an issue with the steering wheel power pump, next engine mounts broke, then transmission died (at 60000 miles), next I had to replace struts, then steering pump was replaced and finally it started leaking oil... and... well, this list can go on, thankfully I had extended warranty so most of the repairs didn't cost me big $$.