Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My dream car
By Si

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven Hondas for years, but this is my first brand new car. I was pretty sure I wanted the Accord, but I did drive other cars to be fair. This car is so comfortable, gets better mileage than the sticker says. Who needs extras when everything I could want just came with the car. I'm sure I will be as happy with this car in 15 years, when I still plan to be driving this car, as I am right now.

Favorite Features

seat warmers (we call them bun warmers), cup holders, sunglass holders, climate control that gets the interior warm or cool fast

Suggested Improvements

heated/cooled steering wheels would be a big plus. Also, if they could be available in purple next time I buy one, that would be ideal.

Glad We Upgraded
By melissa

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I average about 20,000 miles driving to and from work so we were looking for a reliable car. My past experience with vehicles hasn't been very good-lots of mechanical failures, expensive repairs. We did the research and were very impressed with the Honda Accord and sold after the test drive. Very smooth ride, lots of great features, and Honda has a great track record with their products. Can't go wrong investing with Honda!

Favorite Features

Cup holders are deep enough to actually hold cups - not so with other brands of cars. Also very roomy interior and I also appreciate the safety features (air bag systems).

Not surprised
By Julie Hazelton

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the Ford 500, Altima & Camry and EX was by far the best. Smooth ride, quiet, good sound system (this could be improved), handles great, peppy for a 4-cyl. However, I am disappointed in the gas mileage so far but the car is really not broken in yet. Could have a few more bells and whistles like seat position memory, in- dash indicators of fuel and mileage. All in all, I LOVE THE CAR. Leather interior is soft and does not really hold the heat and here in Alabama, that is a consideration. Stop thinking, just buy one! Note to car manufacturers: please think of something to hold a woman's purse!

Favorite Features

Honda engineering, peppy response, smooth, quiet ride, 6 CD changer, back seat room, safety features

Suggested Improvements

Classier sound system, CD changer and MP3 player combination, purse holder, Auto-nation anti-theft system should be standard. In dash calculation of fuel consumption and mileage. Memory seat postions for multiple drivers. Power passenger seat.

Love my Honda
By Macdawgg

2006 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just brought this car on Tues (5/31). I have the LX-V6 model and I love it. It's quieter than my Camry and the ride is smooth as well. If you're looking for a dependable car try this one-You won't be sorry.!!

Favorite Features

Audio System, Anti-lock Brakes, and Sunroof as well as the 16 cd-changer. I had Sirius put in and won't listen to FM radio again!!

Suggested Improvements

I'd like this model to have the Dual- Zone Climate control that would be a nice feature as well as having the doors automatically lock when you put the car in drive, that's one thing I loved about my Camry

Better Than Expected
By Joe

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 06 Honda Accord mostly for the fuel economy. This car has turned out to be more than I expected. The ride is smooth and the 4 cylinder engine has more get up and go than I would have believed. I have gotten nothing but compliments on my purchace. This is my first Honda but I will be buying Honda again in the future.

Favorite Features

The steering wheel controls are great and so are the environmental systems. Also, I have not seen a better standard stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

There is a feature in which you can use the remote to roll down the windows which is also great. I just wish you could roll them back up again with the remote. You can't. You have to go to the car. It would make sense to be able to put the windows both up and down with the remote.