2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
No brainer......it's a Honda
By Van Sinclair on 10/08/05 14:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Tried to decide between this Honda and a Mazda 6. I made the right decision. The build quality is far superior over the Mazda. Gas mileage is great and the 160 hp motor does fine in traffic and on the highway. Don't make a mistake and buy something else.

Drive this car
By zoomer on 10/07/05 11:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car except for road noise coming up through floor. The Acura TL has the same problem. Oh well, you can't have everything. Car is very smooth. Transmission is good but there is a gate to push through to get it over to 5th and 6th and another for reverse. One for reverse is all that is necessary for most drivers. Sound system is very good. Rear seat room is great.

2006 Accord EX V-6 6-Speed
By Rajan on 10/06/05 23:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 6-Speed is awesome plus there hardly any on the road that are like this. Gives people a shock when they find out its a 6-Speed.

Imagine More 4 Less
By Larry Y. on 10/05/05 23:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

That's right! Honda has done it time and time again, we recevied more for less for our dollars. This is our third Honda. 1st two were Civics, and this time my wife wanted an upgrade so we considered and purchased the Accord EX-L. Considered Acura, Toyota, Volvo, but glad we stayed with Honda. Unbelievable power, response, and smoothness from the 2.4L 4 cyl. due in part to the technological advancements like the "Drive by Wire" throttle control. This is the same engine that's in the Acura TSX de-tuned but for $5-6K less. Feels like a little V- 6. Great gas mileage and handling. Love the leather. Yes, we did receive more for less!

Superb for the Money!
By Borg on 10/03/05 21:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Honda Accord we've owned. Our last, a 2005 Honda Accord EX-L V6 where we were T-Boned by a drunk driver going 50 mph protected our family very well. We were very impressed with how well the car protected us. Accident safety aside, this is a superb car for the money. We got the EX V6 with leather, no navigation and were very impressed with the ride, amenities, performance, and fuel economy. Our friends have an Acura TL-though a wonderful automobile, offers similar sound deadening as our Accord. We didn't need HID lamps, or other "creature" comforts. So if you're looking for a safe, well built, comfortable car, check out the Honda Accord!

CRV to Accord transition
By tullj on 10/03/05 00:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm very happy with my new Accord. Of course the oveall quality is first rate, as I expected after owning 2 CRVs for years. The first thing I did a few days after getting the new Accord was to take off on a 4000 mile road trip of seven western states inclding 9 national parks and monuments. I drove from sea level in Seattle up to 12,200 feet on trail ridge road Colorado, to the desert southwest, and then up the pacific coast, in all types of weather and temperature conditions. I drove on long flat interstates at 80 mph and up and down steep mountains at lower speeds. I used all features of the car. it performed flawlessly. I averaged 36.7 mpg overall. I highly recommend this car.

Worth The Wait
By stoutrb on 10/02/05 22:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is incredible! The first time Honda has produced a six speed in a four door, what a pleasure to drive. Its quick, responsive, fun to drive, no comparison to anything remotely close in price range. I ordered a Carbon Bronze with Ivory interior, this car looks sharp. The close ratio six speed, what a trill to drive. Its like driving an S2000 with four doors! The clutch is alot easier than the previous coupe 6 speed manual transmission, not as touchy, much much smoother. My first tank of gas, I averaged 23.6 mpg, combination city and highway 50/50.

My Favorite Accord
By jabra on 10/02/05 01:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2004 CRV to get the new 2006 Accord LX. I have never loved a car like this one. It is a sheer pleasure to drive, the quality of the fit and finish is so great. I have been averaging around 26 mpg in the city with the air on in Las Vegas. I really love the new design of the back of the car. The car rides so quiet and it handles like a sports car. This is my second Accord and this is hands down the most fun to drive, even with the 4 cylinder. The instrumentation is clean and beautifully lit. This is the first car I have ever bought where there is absolutely no buyer remorse on any level.

I Love This Car!
By Ralph on 10/01/05 00:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just purchased my Honda Accord Ex, and it was love at first test drive. I recently had a Nissan Altima, and this is so much more comfortable. The ride is so smooth, and it's hard to believe that a 4 cyl engine is under the hood. It is so responsive. I really love the dashboard layout, as all the instruments are so convenient. The controls on the wheel are really nice. This is a lot of car for the dollar. It is the best deal out there. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a quality car, at an affordable price.

A little bit more..
By Steve1 on 09/28/05 17:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 06 is just a little bit more of everything. A bit more powerful, a bit more quiet, a bit more sophisticated, a bit more styled, etc. I traded an 03 and the 06 is just a bit more refined.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.