Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Always a Honda
By Parish

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

With the exception of a "between cars car" I have always driven an Accord and the newest model is yet another example of why this is one of the top 3 selling cars in America. Design, quality, reliability - all top notch. Very smooth ride that will run forever at a price most families can afford.

Favorite Features

The 06 body is nice, slightly different from even the 05 (lights around tag being most noticeable) Heated seats and side mirrors are a favorite as I upgraded from my '00, as are the many extra cup holders built into the door pockets. I also really like the closing front console pockets.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I have noticed I do not like is that it seems harder to see the passenger front end of the car, i.e. when parking.This on an upgrade from a '00 I don't know if the car is actually a bit wider or if it just feels that way-possibly the seat is a bit lower-Either way, a very minor issue.

A car that makes sense
By atlom

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We own an '02 Accord EX which we are very happy with. Still, I was surprised at just how much finer our new one is: it's peppier, the leather is nicer, the mileage is better, the interior is more luxurious, and the price is just about what we paid for the '02! This is a thinking person's car - it does what a car should do, reliably, and with comfort, practicality and economy. I rent a lot of mid-sized cars in my job and there is not a one of them that even comes close.

Favorite Features

Silky smooth transmission, XM radio, leather-wrapped steering wheel, the instrument panel which lights up when you put in the key, dual climate control, heated seats and, of course, the gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The turning radius needs to be tighter (my biggest complaint by far), the key fob should fold like VW/Audi, and the moonroof switch should be on the roof.

My Accord is Not Yours!
By Marco

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car thr fuel economy is great and fun to drive never lets you down, and looks good too, not as good as BMW 3, but it is roomier and a lot more reliable.

Favorite Features

The steering is very precise and the seats are also nice for this class.

Suggested Improvements

The rear light and design and the brakes should be better.

Smoothest 4 Cylinder I've Driven
By Seth Bernstein

2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I couldn't believe I was driving a 4 cylinder car that gets 25 mpg in-town and 35+ mpg highway after hitting the gas pedal of our 2006 Honda Accord 4 Cylinder Special Edition. The acceleration is smooth and assured, rivaling that of many 6 cylinder engines I have tried. The areas to be aware of are that the Accord sits low to the ground, and compared to past Accords has a little more of a sporty feel to it. The compromise is that on rough roads and cracks, there is some jitteriness, but the performance won me over.

Favorite Features

Engine performance, mpg, handling, dashboard layout.

Suggested Improvements

New velour upholstery is a lint magnet and not real attractive; jittery ride on rough roads/cracked pavement; standard radio/cd is of average quality;...and, hey, Honda, put in an outside thermometer as std. equipment.

Comparing 06 Accord to 07 Camry
By Shane

2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First Honda purchase with a 06 LX SE. Looked extensively at 07' Camry and decided on Honda primarily due to interior and cost. Driven for 1k miles so far and really like the car; however, ride comfort and road noise are less than acceptable and no comparison to Camry. I am quite shocked at the ride quality. Good value for the money, but would encourage Camry if the ride quality is important.

Favorite Features

Interior design and body style. 4 cylinder has plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support for drivers seat, improved ride quality and reduced road noise. Additional interior color choices would be great. Ride quality basically stinks!