Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Purchased 4 months ago, Follow-up Review
By Jay

2006 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned the car for 4 months (4K miles) (See "This car has it all" review posted in March). I'm very happy with my purchase so far. I'm getting about 27 mpg, mostly highway and some city). I'm glad I purchased the 4 cy. to save in gas. However, it doesn't handle like the 6cy. I recently drove a 4 Dr 4cy 2006 Accord and it corners a little better than my coupe. Acceleration is better than the 4dr and for the size of engine especially with Super in the tank. The interior design is the best part of the car. The car also handles very well on the highway and isn't bumpy The exterior design gets a lot of compliments. Haven't had one issue with this car. Oil changes every 5k miles

XM radio, Interior design, exterior design, smooth ride, gas mileage, sunroof, heated seats and side mirrors. Very comfortable to drive. Highly recommend if you're looking for a sporty car with style and not too expensive.

No traction conrol. Handling not as good as 6cy or 4dr. Braking isn't as responsive as I hoped but not bad.

Always a Honda
By Parish

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

With the exception of a "between cars car" I have always driven an Accord and the newest model is yet another example of why this is one of the top 3 selling cars in America. Design, quality, reliability - all top notch. Very smooth ride that will run forever at a price most families can afford.

The 06 body is nice, slightly different from even the 05 (lights around tag being most noticeable) Heated seats and side mirrors are a favorite as I upgraded from my '00, as are the many extra cup holders built into the door pockets. I also really like the closing front console pockets.

The only thing I have noticed I do not like is that it seems harder to see the passenger front end of the car, i.e. when parking.This on an upgrade from a '00 I don't know if the car is actually a bit wider or if it just feels that way-possibly the seat is a bit lower-Either way, a very minor issue.

A car that makes sense
By atlom

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We own an '02 Accord EX which we are very happy with. Still, I was surprised at just how much finer our new one is: it's peppier, the leather is nicer, the mileage is better, the interior is more luxurious, and the price is just about what we paid for the '02! This is a thinking person's car - it does what a car should do, reliably, and with comfort, practicality and economy. I rent a lot of mid-sized cars in my job and there is not a one of them that even comes close.

Silky smooth transmission, XM radio, leather-wrapped steering wheel, the instrument panel which lights up when you put in the key, dual climate control, heated seats and, of course, the gas mileage.

The turning radius needs to be tighter (my biggest complaint by far), the key fob should fold like VW/Audi, and the moonroof switch should be on the roof.

My Accord is Not Yours!
By Marco

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car thr fuel economy is great and fun to drive never lets you down, and looks good too, not as good as BMW 3, but it is roomier and a lot more reliable.

The steering is very precise and the seats are also nice for this class.

The rear light and design and the brakes should be better.

Smoothest 4 Cylinder I've Driven
By Seth Bernstein

2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I couldn't believe I was driving a 4 cylinder car that gets 25 mpg in-town and 35+ mpg highway after hitting the gas pedal of our 2006 Honda Accord 4 Cylinder Special Edition. The acceleration is smooth and assured, rivaling that of many 6 cylinder engines I have tried. The areas to be aware of are that the Accord sits low to the ground, and compared to past Accords has a little more of a sporty feel to it. The compromise is that on rough roads and cracks, there is some jitteriness, but the performance won me over.

Engine performance, mpg, handling, dashboard layout.

New velour upholstery is a lint magnet and not real attractive; jittery ride on rough roads/cracked pavement; standard radio/cd is of average quality;...and, hey, Honda, put in an outside thermometer as std. equipment.