Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 485 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Love it
By J Milks

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

To date my Honda has been great. No problems and I have over 4k now and still have oil life of 40%. The oil does not need to be changed till 20%. Rides good and nice power.

Interior materials, intuitive controls, quiet cabin, smooth v6

No aux in, 120w stereo only, no mpg gauges, no xenons, fuel economy, no memory seats

Not Your Father's Honda!
By hitobito

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have nearly 600 miles on my 2006 HAH with Nav and its been very impressive. I averaged 31.4 MPG on a 275 mi. R/T and the vehicle performance was astonishing. The ride quality was very good, acceleration was surprisingly excellent and the Navigational system was intuitive, very useful and user friendly. Honda should have included an iPod interface and passenger side automatically adjustable seat with lumbar support. The "fit and finish" of this vehicle was flawless.This is definitely a car to enjoy and feel good about!

Acceleration, luxurious interior, and navigational system.

IPod interface and fully adjustable passenger side seat with lumbar support.

Best family sedan for a young family
By ism4212

2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my new Accord. The Special Edition package has enough feature for me. No need to go overboard with the EX. I have been driving Hondas all my life, so my review might be a little biased. 88 Accord, 90 Civic, 92 Accord, and a 2000 Civic. I test drove the competition before purchasing my Accord. None compared to the Accord when weighing features, reliability, value, and performance against price. The engine is amazing for a 4 cylinder. Plenty of power. I like out running all the "punks" in thier tuner cars. The 5 speed automatic is so smooth. Drops gears fast for brisk acceleration. No regrets.

Engine power, smooth transmission, 4 wheel disc brakes, steering wheel audio controls, reliabilty, pickup, safety features, interior room, gas mileage, and Royal Blue Pearl.

No real complaints. I would like to see HFP product for the sedan. Honda sells a nice body kit for the coupe. I would like to see something for the Sedan.

Excellent car.
By Peter Larouse

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our car for three weeks now. Got the carbon bronze color. Think it is beautiful inside and out. Decided for the V6 and we are glad we did. The engine is silent and the shifts very smooth. So far, not a rattle or any annoying noise. This is a comfortable car and you get a lot for your money. Several people have come up to ask us about the car, and we got compliments on its looks.

The navigation system and the voice commands are great.

The ride could be softer. Think it will improve when the time comes to get new tires (that was the case with our 1993 Accord EX). Also, it will be nice to have memory seats.

My first Accord
By Big Daddy "54"

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Shopped around looking at Accord, Camry, Mazda 6. Hands down, the best overall value with standard safety features. I've only had it for 3 weeks now. Plenty of pep in the 4 cyl. First round trip of 520 miles, mostly freeway, I averaged 38+ mpg w/5 speed manual (but I'm a conservative driver). Handling is responsive but the ride is a little stiff. Plenty of leg and head room and ample room in back seat for 2 passengers.

Smooth acceleration and shifting. Plenty of power for this old man. My boys like the fold down center arm rest/cup holder in back seat.

Suspension is too stiff. Needs smoother ride. None of the DC power supplies accomodate a in-car cig. lighter.