Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Without question, the best midsize car.
By daavo

2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My experience with this car has been superb.The only other car that I looked at was the 07 Camry. The Accord just seems nicer all around. The ride and handling tradeoff is excellent. The iVtec four is super smooth and has plenty of power even with the auto. I love the LED tail lights and the new front end, very classy. The seats are very comfortable for long drives. I have to drive employees around town and they all comment on how nice it is. The car is very addictive to drive. I find myself driving it just to drive it and wishing my commute was longer. It is always a pleasure to get in and drive this car. I always look forward to it. Nice looking (black with beige interior).

The beautiful instruments, the way it rides over bumps, the quietness, the way it handles around corners, the feel of the switchgear, the LED taillamps, the iVtec... it really works!, the power... it feels like really smooth V6!!, the key (it just looks classy), the paint quality, the comfy seats.

It does get the EPA rated 24 in stop and go city driving with the air on constantly... I guess i just wish it was higher. The car rides and handles with aplomb but I wouldn't mind a firmer ride.

Another Winner!
By Houston Buyer

2006 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I sold my dependable Civic after 6 years and upgraded to a 2006 Accord. I'm glad they offered a VP version - the power windows feature on the LX wasn't worth the extra cost. Excellent interior layout design: simple, elegant, and functional. No ego inflation needed! I'm amazed at how quiet the ride is. Braking is a bit soft but you adjust to it. There's a lot of features built into this car such as daytime running lights, adjustable instrumentation panel brightness (love this!), and standard side airbags. Looked at the Altima and Camry but found that Honda was still the overall winner!

Quiet interior. Daytime running lights and adjustable intrument panel. Upscale cloth upholstery shows they care about creature comforts and are mindful of long-term use.

Middle console is a bit clumsy to open.

To heck with the SUV!
By hogfarmer

2006 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Got sick of $60 fillups every 200 miles with our V8 SUV, so looked long and hard for something sporty, affordable, and got good mileage. Great little car, very happy with 4 cylinder. Have about 4k miles so far, no complaints. Brakes are a bit touchy, will see how they hold up long term. Spend the extra $500 for spoiler, really makes look cool. More fun to drive than our Maxima, Saturn, and even diesel F350!

XM radio, sunroof, individual temp control.

Better brakes, 4 line display and 30 to 60 minute memory for XM radio, connection for MP3 player

Nice car
By Bill

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven Accords for 25 years ('81 DX for 12 years, '93 EX for 13 years). After looking at what was available in the market this year that met my needs (reliable, safe, comfortable, fun), I decided on the Honda Accord. This is a fun car to drive. I hope it goes the distance like its predecessors.

Reliability, build quality, resale value, handling, low ambient noise level, simple controls, tilt & telescoping steering wheel, lots of pockets for stowing maps, drinks, sunglasses, etc.

8-way adjustable driver & passenger seats and HomeLink on the entire EX line, a more controlled / less stiff ride, better seats for long trips, vehicle stability control across more models, tire choices for a smoother ride, more powerful A/C. How about a hybrid 4cyl for better gas mileage?

A very nice Honda
By tlh4tung

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first ever Honda and I love it a lot. Nice styling and good build quality. I own a black one and took it to tint window and install HID headlight now the car looks as nice as a BMW. The performance of the car is excellent but need some practice for the cluch before get used to it. Haven't try to push the car hard but you can feel a lot of power above 3000rpm. A very comfortable, fast and fun to drive car for everyday use.

Interior and exterior style. Good built quality and honda reliability. The best car in the class!!

Can use better tire for the car and LSD would be nice too. Stronger brake is necessary and audio jack for iPod is also as well.