Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Redeems Itself
By Alison

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Previous to this 2006 Honda Accord I owned a new 2000 Accord EX 4 cyl. for 6 years. After 5 transmissions and numerous other mechanical problems I was very anti Honda. I shopped around for months determined not to buy another Honda. I test drove everything in it's class and I was not impressed with anything. I went to a Honda dealership and drove the 2006 Accord and fell in love with it. I've had it 2 months now and my only complaints are that the exterior paint chips very easy and the car rolls a little when you go from park to drive. The gas mileage is not bad for a 6 cyl. I get about 300 miles for a tank of gas. Overall, I am very happy with this car and would recommend it.

Favorite Features

Pickup, handling, and road response, multiple seat adjustments, audio, dual temperature controls, roomy, dual exaust and spoiler option to make car very sporty.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint quality - paint chips easily and rust issues, covered cup holders in center console, full size spare tire, stiffer brakes.

A lot car for the money
By jazzbo

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car met all my expectations, in handling performance. It is quality built.

Favorite Features

Great acceleration, comfortable ride, ease to operate and handle. All around pleasure to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlight operation, better speaker or sound system, better mileage for this model (engine), keyless or key-pad door-lock opening.

Love it
By J Milks

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

To date my Honda has been great. No problems and I have over 4k now and still have oil life of 40%. The oil does not need to be changed till 20%. Rides good and nice power.

Favorite Features

Interior materials, intuitive controls, quiet cabin, smooth v6

Suggested Improvements

No aux in, 120w stereo only, no mpg gauges, no xenons, fuel economy, no memory seats

Not Your Father's Honda!
By hitobito

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have nearly 600 miles on my 2006 HAH with Nav and its been very impressive. I averaged 31.4 MPG on a 275 mi. R/T and the vehicle performance was astonishing. The ride quality was very good, acceleration was surprisingly excellent and the Navigational system was intuitive, very useful and user friendly. Honda should have included an iPod interface and passenger side automatically adjustable seat with lumbar support. The "fit and finish" of this vehicle was flawless.This is definitely a car to enjoy and feel good about!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, luxurious interior, and navigational system.

Suggested Improvements

IPod interface and fully adjustable passenger side seat with lumbar support.

Best family sedan for a young family
By ism4212

2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my new Accord. The Special Edition package has enough feature for me. No need to go overboard with the EX. I have been driving Hondas all my life, so my review might be a little biased. 88 Accord, 90 Civic, 92 Accord, and a 2000 Civic. I test drove the competition before purchasing my Accord. None compared to the Accord when weighing features, reliability, value, and performance against price. The engine is amazing for a 4 cylinder. Plenty of power. I like out running all the "punks" in thier tuner cars. The 5 speed automatic is so smooth. Drops gears fast for brisk acceleration. No regrets.

Favorite Features

Engine power, smooth transmission, 4 wheel disc brakes, steering wheel audio controls, reliabilty, pickup, safety features, interior room, gas mileage, and Royal Blue Pearl.

Suggested Improvements

No real complaints. I would like to see HFP product for the sedan. Honda sells a nice body kit for the coupe. I would like to see something for the Sedan.