Used 2006 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 365 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Nice car
By Bill

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven Accords for 25 years ('81 DX for 12 years, '93 EX for 13 years). After looking at what was available in the market this year that met my needs (reliable, safe, comfortable, fun), I decided on the Honda Accord. This is a fun car to drive. I hope it goes the distance like its predecessors.

Reliability, build quality, resale value, handling, low ambient noise level, simple controls, tilt & telescoping steering wheel, lots of pockets for stowing maps, drinks, sunglasses, etc.

8-way adjustable driver & passenger seats and HomeLink on the entire EX line, a more controlled / less stiff ride, better seats for long trips, vehicle stability control across more models, tire choices for a smoother ride, more powerful A/C. How about a hybrid 4cyl for better gas mileage?

My Honda Review
By Robyn

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love it! It is a cool design and lots of fun to drive. Great on gas too.

I guess one of my favorite features is the stereo. I also like the way the trunk locks from both inside and outside.

Can't think of anything to make this car better.

Always a Honda
By Parish

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

With the exception of a "between cars car" I have always driven an Accord and the newest model is yet another example of why this is one of the top 3 selling cars in America. Design, quality, reliability - all top notch. Very smooth ride that will run forever at a price most families can afford.

The 06 body is nice, slightly different from even the 05 (lights around tag being most noticeable) Heated seats and side mirrors are a favorite as I upgraded from my '00, as are the many extra cup holders built into the door pockets. I also really like the closing front console pockets.

The only thing I have noticed I do not like is that it seems harder to see the passenger front end of the car, i.e. when parking.This on an upgrade from a '00 I don't know if the car is actually a bit wider or if it just feels that way-possibly the seat is a bit lower-Either way, a very minor issue.

A car that makes sense
By atlom

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We own an '02 Accord EX which we are very happy with. Still, I was surprised at just how much finer our new one is: it's peppier, the leather is nicer, the mileage is better, the interior is more luxurious, and the price is just about what we paid for the '02! This is a thinking person's car - it does what a car should do, reliably, and with comfort, practicality and economy. I rent a lot of mid-sized cars in my job and there is not a one of them that even comes close.

Silky smooth transmission, XM radio, leather-wrapped steering wheel, the instrument panel which lights up when you put in the key, dual climate control, heated seats and, of course, the gas mileage.

The turning radius needs to be tighter (my biggest complaint by far), the key fob should fold like VW/Audi, and the moonroof switch should be on the roof.

My Accord is Not Yours!
By Marco

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car thr fuel economy is great and fun to drive never lets you down, and looks good too, not as good as BMW 3, but it is roomier and a lot more reliable.

The steering is very precise and the seats are also nice for this class.

The rear light and design and the brakes should be better.