Used 2006 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 366 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best family sedan for a young family
By ism4212

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my new Accord. The Special Edition package has enough feature for me. No need to go overboard with the EX. I have been driving Hondas all my life, so my review might be a little biased. 88 Accord, 90 Civic, 92 Accord, and a 2000 Civic. I test drove the competition before purchasing my Accord. None compared to the Accord when weighing features, reliability, value, and performance against price. The engine is amazing for a 4 cylinder. Plenty of power. I like out running all the "punks" in thier tuner cars. The 5 speed automatic is so smooth. Drops gears fast for brisk acceleration. No regrets.

Engine power, smooth transmission, 4 wheel disc brakes, steering wheel audio controls, reliabilty, pickup, safety features, interior room, gas mileage, and Royal Blue Pearl.

No real complaints. I would like to see HFP product for the sedan. Honda sells a nice body kit for the coupe. I would like to see something for the Sedan.

Excellent car.
By Peter Larouse

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our car for three weeks now. Got the carbon bronze color. Think it is beautiful inside and out. Decided for the V6 and we are glad we did. The engine is silent and the shifts very smooth. So far, not a rattle or any annoying noise. This is a comfortable car and you get a lot for your money. Several people have come up to ask us about the car, and we got compliments on its looks.

The navigation system and the voice commands are great.

The ride could be softer. Think it will improve when the time comes to get new tires (that was the case with our 1993 Accord EX). Also, it will be nice to have memory seats.

My first Accord
By Big Daddy "54"

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Shopped around looking at Accord, Camry, Mazda 6. Hands down, the best overall value with standard safety features. I've only had it for 3 weeks now. Plenty of pep in the 4 cyl. First round trip of 520 miles, mostly freeway, I averaged 38+ mpg w/5 speed manual (but I'm a conservative driver). Handling is responsive but the ride is a little stiff. Plenty of leg and head room and ample room in back seat for 2 passengers.

Smooth acceleration and shifting. Plenty of power for this old man. My boys like the fold down center arm rest/cup holder in back seat.

Suspension is too stiff. Needs smoother ride. None of the DC power supplies accomodate a in-car cig. lighter.

The best car on the road!
By Lola

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was a little skeptical about buying a brand new car. However, after purchasing this one, I have not a single regret. I absolutely love this vehicle. It's size is perfect, rides quiet, and has superb handling. Very reliable, powerful... simple yet elegant. And surprisingly, the Accord stereo system is unbelievable. It's far better than Honda's Acura TL! It's an absolute beauty all the way around.I would recommend the '06 Accord to anyone who was looking for unsurpassed quality and style.

Besides the dealer installed spoiler, I would say the feel of the leather seats, powered everything, smooth and quiet engine, excellent gas mileage. Great speed!

Wish you could use the remote to power up the windows!! Plus, the range for the remote needs improvement. There is no mute button for the stereo, so maybe they could put that in next year's model.

Without question, the best midsize car.
By daavo

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My experience with this car has been superb.The only other car that I looked at was the 07 Camry. The Accord just seems nicer all around. The ride and handling tradeoff is excellent. The iVtec four is super smooth and has plenty of power even with the auto. I love the LED tail lights and the new front end, very classy. The seats are very comfortable for long drives. I have to drive employees around town and they all comment on how nice it is. The car is very addictive to drive. I find myself driving it just to drive it and wishing my commute was longer. It is always a pleasure to get in and drive this car. I always look forward to it. Nice looking (black with beige interior).

The beautiful instruments, the way it rides over bumps, the quietness, the way it handles around corners, the feel of the switchgear, the LED taillamps, the iVtec... it really works!, the power... it feels like really smooth V6!!, the key (it just looks classy), the paint quality, the comfy seats.

It does get the EPA rated 24 in stop and go city driving with the air on constantly... I guess i just wish it was higher. The car rides and handles with aplomb but I wouldn't mind a firmer ride.