Used 2006 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Smoothest 4 Cylinder I've Driven
By Seth Bernstein

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I couldn't believe I was driving a 4 cylinder car that gets 25 mpg in-town and 35+ mpg highway after hitting the gas pedal of our 2006 Honda Accord 4 Cylinder Special Edition. The acceleration is smooth and assured, rivaling that of many 6 cylinder engines I have tried. The areas to be aware of are that the Accord sits low to the ground, and compared to past Accords has a little more of a sporty feel to it. The compromise is that on rough roads and cracks, there is some jitteriness, but the performance won me over.

Favorite Features

Engine performance, mpg, handling, dashboard layout.

Suggested Improvements

New velour upholstery is a lint magnet and not real attractive; jittery ride on rough roads/cracked pavement; standard radio/cd is of average quality;...and, hey, Honda, put in an outside thermometer as std. equipment.

Comparing 06 Accord to 07 Camry
By Shane

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First Honda purchase with a 06 LX SE. Looked extensively at 07' Camry and decided on Honda primarily due to interior and cost. Driven for 1k miles so far and really like the car; however, ride comfort and road noise are less than acceptable and no comparison to Camry. I am quite shocked at the ride quality. Good value for the money, but would encourage Camry if the ride quality is important.

Favorite Features

Interior design and body style. 4 cylinder has plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support for drivers seat, improved ride quality and reduced road noise. Additional interior color choices would be great. Ride quality basically stinks!

Without question, the best midsize car.
By daavo

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with this car has been superb.The only other car that I looked at was the 07 Camry. The Accord just seems nicer. The ride and handling tradeoff is excellent. The iVtec four is super smooth and has plenty of power even with the auto. I love the LED tail lights and the new front end. The seats are very comfortable. I have to drive employees around town and everyone comments on how nice it is. I find myself driving it just to drive it.

Favorite Features

The beautiful instruments, the way it rides over bumps, the quietness, the way it handles around corners, the feel of the switchgear, the LED taillamps, the iVtec... it really works!, the power... it feels like really smooth V6!!, the key (it just looks classy), the paint quality, the comfy seats.

Suggested Improvements

It does get the EPA rated 24 in stop and go city driving with the air on constantly... I guess i just wish it was higher.

Hybrid Accord w/ Navigation
By wgrant94

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Delighted with the mileage. We got 38 mpg on a trip to Atlanta. My wife loves the mileage and I love the performance. One car magazine reviewer said that the Hybrid was like a pouring a can of nitrous in the fuel; instant torque and acceleration. While it may not be as quick as our Acura TL-S - it feels like it is. Instant response, great mileage,and reliable what's not to love?

Favorite Features

Instant torque/acceleration with Hybrid. Super highway mileage - up to 38 mpg. Solidly built. Honda makes a great Navigator Stylish and extrememly well built.

Suggested Improvements

Better high performance tires - with lower aspect ratios.

best little 4 cylinder ever
By Carolyn

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

best performance 4 cylinder automatic ever driven. 5 speed transmission is so smooth you do not hear anything. I had a 98 6 cylinder accord because my 92 4 cylinder accord did not have the passing power. What a difference. If you want 0 to 60 in so many seconds, get the v6 but if you want to go approx 40 and than need to pass or pick up speed, it flies fast enough for me without any engine noise. Only a slight, really minor shake at idle when air conditioner is going. When it is off, their is no idle shake at all. Also, I think it manuevers better than the 98 model. No road noise or wind noise. Best in braking ever. Hyundai had problem in brakes. Felt like ABS were on but road was smooth.

Favorite Features

auto 4-cylinder engine, brakes, quiet, good pickup and speed, very little road noise, no wind noise with windows open, beautiful interior and radio and auto a/c, xm radio, cd changer, heated seats, leather, moonroof, remote and alarm integrated, side mirrors large, front window very wide

Suggested Improvements

Automatic night low beams turn on at dusk (there is auto shut off of all lights, but no turn on.) Missing Mp3 player along with cd playing. Does have option of IPod link. Little hard to see through back window due to side curtains put in side rear.