2006 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Good value but a few faults
By Steve on 08/02/10 08:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This Honda Accord showed that the Honda line came a long way. The standard features in the car are what you would expect from a luxury car. This vehicle takes the bumps well and has tight handling. Pick-up is adequate. The seats are supportive and comfortable and leg room is not an issue. Trunk room is decent, and the stereo system is A+ considering its standard. The heated seats are also a plus. The biggest negative about the car is its weight. Its way to light and you can easily feel the smallest breeze when driving above 65 MPH.

"as opposed to Toyota Camry"
By biggelow on 07/15/10 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather, Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When we bought our Honda we were shopping for our 3rd Camry, however, the Toyota salesman was more interested in his newspaper so we went across the street to May Honda in Waco. Kind of a lucky break, The Honda Accord is quieter and has a quieter "more substantial" feel. For a 4 cylinder auto, I have never felt as though I needed more power, the 4 banger does really well in town nd on the highway. I have 130k miles on the odometer and it is still as quiet, responsive and comfortable as it was when new. The only thing negative I can think of is that the tires have to be "V" rated and those tires are expensive, noisy, wear fast. "W" rated tires would have been the right choice.

3-Year Review - Excellent Car!
By NOVA_CMUTR on 07/04/10 08:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 3 years - highly dependable, reliable and comfortable. I use this car to commute in the brutal DC area traffic. Great acceleration (V6), braking and maneuverability. Gas mileage could be better - 22 city/28 hwy. As others have noted, there are occasional problems with the 3rd gear synch on the manual transmission, the car's only flaw. This is my 3rd Accord; great performance and reliability for the price!

Think I am going to Hyundai
By JJD on 03/29/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord new in 2007. The car went into the dealership to have rear driver door adjusted due to air & water leak and also a faulty center console door shortly after the purchase. Both were repaired & are fine now. The car has not given me any other mechanical problems. Just the normals replaced battery, tires, and brakes. Approaching 100k so not sure how much longer I will keep this car for. Even though I like the styling of the latest Accords, there seems to be the same cheap interior Honda is & has been known for. I will probably switch over to Hyundai since they've come a long ways & are winning awards these days!

Safety in a crash
By judy Sutter on 03/18/10 14:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I appreciated my 2006 Honda accord Ex 4 cyl. for its comfort and fuel economy-consistently 30 mpg- better on the highway, but the best part was when I was in a serious front end collision in which the front crumpled and absorbed the impact and the airbag did the rest-I was fine. I recommend the Honda accord! I now drive a 2007 of the same model.

Good Daily Commuter
By Driver-C on 02/02/10 10:15 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had the car for 4 years now. Very reliable, great mileage. It has a few creaks & rattles, but this is not a top-of-the-line luxury car, just good solid transportation.

Great Car!
By Kristin on 01/06/10 20:31 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I still have this car as it is hard to turn it back in since its a lease. I've not had one problem with it (Very Reliable)! Just the regular maintenance. I would recommend this car to anyone! Its been one of my favorites. You can never go wrong with buying a Honda!

25mpg in town, 38mpg hwy - 1 complaint
By Rob P on 01/02/10 09:25 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned more than 10 Honda/Acuras over 30+ years. My 2006 Accord is way up as #1 or #2. My 1996 Accord has 215k and still sings. I am really surprised @ the power & MPG combo from my 2006. I AVERAGE 25mpg around town consistently with my 2.4 (4-cy)2006. I average 34 MPG on the highway, and I drive ~ 75-80mph on cruise. Hwy varies ~ 33mpg(lowest)-38mpg(highest). Honda Engineering, Quality, and made in U.S.A.!!

06 Honda Accord EXL I4
By Will on 12/27/09 18:17 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very nice upgrade from my old Mazda Tribute which had major issues. This Accord has all of the bells and whistles that my Tribute had, so I am not missing anything. I am big and tall and this is one of the most comfortable full size sedans I test drove, I especially like the seats. The exterior design is much improved from the 03-05 look especially in the rear. I am consistently getting 33-36 MPG on the highways. Once I get new tires the handling on the snow should improve. No problems with this car yet, I hope I can drive this car over 250,000 miles with normal maintenance and no mechanical catastrophes.

Manual Clutch Needs Overhaul
By Kent on 12/04/09 10:08 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car brand new off of the lot back in Aug 2006. I really like this car, is comfortable and fun to drive. The stereo system gets some lame reviews but I find it to be pretty good compared to other cars. That being said watch out for the clutch and shifter. The shifter knob looks destroyed after only 3 yrs and the clutch is weak at best (See below) This is my third manual transmission car and have never experienced this kind of problem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.