Used 2006 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best car I have owned!!!
By bluecrablover

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I inherited this car after I surprised my husband with a pick up truck. We bought it new. I have been driving it for the past 2.5 years. It has almost 100000 miles and has never been repaired. Regular maintenance only. I have replaced the brakes once and 1 set of new tires and a battery and oil changes. That is it. I will drive this car until the wheels fall off. The wipers bang loudly and will cost about 300.00 to replace the motor. That's it. And this is coming from a die hard Camry driver. I would buy another Honda Accord.

Finally reviewing....
By wds1

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the 2006 Accord Ex-V6 since it was new, but have never reviewed it until now. This is the fourth Honda I have owned. I keep all my cars for many years. This car is quite comfortable. I think that is my favorite aspect of the car. The leather seats have held up well. I have had the car almost 7 years (purchased in Nov. 05) and the leather is still not split. My back seats still look practically new. Nothing in the interior has ever broken, to date. The exterior paint is thin and scratches easily. The reported sticker gas mileage is totally inaccurate. It avgs. 18 mpg. The reliability of the car does not compare to my former Honda cars. It's been towed three times in the last year!

Favorite Features

Comfortable leather seats, fairly nice interior materials, and adjustable armrest are my favorite features. This car has mutiple luxury features for a fairly affordable price. I pd. $26K in 05.

Suggested Improvements

The reported gas mileage on the sticker was truly a lie! Honda needs to tell the truth about MPG's on their stickers! The car has had reliability issues, unlike my other Honda cars. The trunk leaked the first month I had the vehicle. The car has been towed mutiple times, even with all the required maintenance. It gives you a sense of insecurity when you take it out of town. It was towed just a couple of months ago on a trip. When I received the $950 bill, it took the pleasure out of our trip! The keyless trunk entry has not worked in years and the Honda dealership could not even fix the problem! SUGGESTION HONDA CORP. - MAKE VEHICLES LIKE YOUR OLD ONES!

stay away - this car is a junk-yard worthy thing nothing more
By 190r_k

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had this Honda Accord EX V6 for more than 6 years. This was a complete waste of money - problems started almost right after first year - annoying noise in the driver and passenger doors. Then, it had an issue with the steering wheel power pump, next engine mounts broke, then transmission died (at 60000 miles), next I had to replace struts, then steering pump was replaced and finally it started leaking oil... and... well, this list can go on, thankfully I had extended warranty so most of the repairs didn't cost me big $$.

Love it
By jj772528

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 20,000 miles on it. I've driven it 80,000 miles with just oil changes and one break job and a alignment. The car handles great on dry and rainy roads. Its pretty comfortable even for me I'm 6ft 2in and over three hundred pounds. The only negative I find is that it does'nt handle that well in snow. Over all I love it and would recommend it.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the stability in snow.

Typical Honda
By roy71

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda, my first was a 95 accord that made it to 224,000 miles. I really like this new one. It handles much better and rides firmer (which i like) the braking is decent and the 2.4 i v-tec engine is quicker and better on fuel than my old V6. Mine is pretty basic, it has manual cloth seats, no sunroof, no heated seats or nav. but i like it because it does what its supposed to do well. Im a little leery though about the transmission, to me it seems to shift rough compared to other cars ive been in. Mine has 97,500 on it and im hoping it will get me to at least 250,000. I plan to take good care of it and follow the service manual, hopefully it will pay off. If you can, buy one!

Favorite Features

The sporty feel for a midsize car. Good gas mileage (23 city 25 mixed city/highway) compared to my old honda 17-18 city) Its very comfortable and the seats are supportive. It has a timeless look to it like most hondas so when you hit the 200,000 mile mark it wont look old =) the dash board is laid out very nicely and looks attractive. The keyless entry is great. I love that there is no timing belt to change. Lots of space for driver and passengers everywhere, cupholders for everyone, HUGE trunk which doesnt apply to me but still...its HUGE! and my favorite feature...its a HONDA.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint, i can tell mine looks like its beginning to oxidize in some spots and on the front bumper and hood there are a bunch of little spots where the paint chipped away. Smoother tranny, the shifts feel a little to hard sometimes, but as longs as there is nothing wrong im cool with it. Thats about it though, its hard to find stuff i dont like about it =)