Used 2006 Honda Accord LX V-6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda 2006 V6
By Don Buchman

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car! The engine is so smooth that it's hard to tell it's running at idle. Performance is super! Comfortable to drive. Quiet on highway.

Favorite Features

V6 engine is quick and smooth. Color (Desert Mist Metallic) is beautiful and easy to keep clean. Lines are aesthetic.

Suggested Improvements

There's a slight hesitation when you step on the gas pedal before it gets going. Must be the drive-by-wire response.

From Dodge to Honda
By Erin

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little apprehensive about purchasing my first 4 door car. I love the V-6 the Honda offers...definitely worth the extra money. Smooth ride and handles great. The sunroof is awesome and the 6 disc cd player rocks. I will probably be sticking with the imports for my next purchase.

Favorite Features

V-6 has TONS of get-up!! Sunroof and 6-disc changer are awesome!!

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage not as great as advertised!! Not bad, just not the 28+ that was indicated. Temperature/ Compass should be standard feature.

Excellent car !!!
By ANGEL

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I tried the 2007 V-6 Toyota Camry and compared to the 2006 Honda Accord V-6, the Toyota has no comprarisson to the Honda, it accelerates way better, much more comfortable, I feel safer in the Honda. It's a great car !!!!

Favorite Features

It's really good on gas, great power !!! really comfortable on the inside, good sound system !!!

Suggested Improvements

No improvements !!! I think the car is perfect !!

It's great driving a smaller new car
By Evelyn Jacobs

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a very large turning radius in my late husband's Cadillac...What a pleasure it is to be able to make a turn in one movement... It took me a while to get used to the inner mechanics and stickshift [automatic] on the console [instead of the wheel]. I still have difficulty releasing the hand brake because I'm not as strong as I used to be. But, now its a real delight to zip around! P.S. I'm 88 years old.

Favorite Features

Nothing is a favorite. I love it all now, especially the power and responsiveness of my Honda. I thought I would not feel as safe as in a larger car but, I do feel secure! What pep!

Suggested Improvements

I haven't got any ideas for you to improve on. I think you have done what is needed in a new and reliable car. And it looks quite stylish as well. Economical, too.

Shifting Problems
By Ted

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I chose this car over the others because the Accords I drove were smooth and comfortable. The new one that was delivered for me shifts harder then the ones I drove and my daughter's '06 Accord V6/5A. I've had it to the dealer 3 times. They have reprogrammed the PCM twice and it has helped the uncomfortable shifts; but not corrected it to what I found was normal in others. Please take the car for a long drive first.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine/trans in 5th. Manuverable. Getting about 32 MPG on highway.

Suggested Improvements

Need a smooth shifting transmission. Drop the feature that slows the car going downhill. I'm used to cars idling downhill - saves gas. I have to add gas and the car doesn't shift to higher gears until the road levels out.