Used 2006 Honda Accord LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Still the Best Car I Ever Owned
By Bruce

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, I wrote a review of this car in January 2006 when I had owned it for 4 months. It is now 5 years old and I still Love it! Despite being hit from behind and knocked into another car for $5000 damage and a little later being hit by a tree for another $4000 damage, it still rides and drives as good as the day I bought it! 97,500 miles and only maintenance has been oil changes, tires, one new set of spark plugs, brakes, battery and one headlamp. I don't get quite the gas mileage I should be, but that is my fault as I need to change out the air filter and probably the gas one as well. This is one great car! I will own Honda's from now on!

Favorite Features

reliability, handling, great ride

Suggested Improvements

little less cabin noise would be nice

4get the Hybrids! Don't give up size!!
By R

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a manual shift 4 cylinder to save gas mileage and to better maintain control of the car... to have fun driving! I have done as well as 39 mpg highway driving, a little better than my 94 Accord stick shift. I use cruise more than the average person. You're going to get fewer mpg when you use gas with ethanol added. With the stick, you don't need 6 cylinders. Couldn't believe I actually looked at and drove others before I got another Accord. Even owned a used Camry for 2 yrs (automatic), but it doesn't have the same drivability as an Accord.

Favorite Features

Cruise. Sunroof. Wish I had got the heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Outdoor thermometer. Sun visor extenders to take out a little extra sun in the middle of windshield and/or side window.

Great Great Car!
By mommy of 3

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have to admit I have always been a Toyota Camry woman until this car. Love it. I am so pleased with the car, rides great, good on gas, very very roomy. I have the silver which is very good on dirt. This is just a great car and I would tell anyone to get one.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel feels good.

Suggested Improvements

Put speakers in back. That's the only downfall

Best Car Ever!
By tulip1924

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. It is reliable, runs so smoothly and looks fantastic. The only thing I really do not like is the fabric used on the seats. Everything sticks to it, and they can be hard to clean. But other than that, this is one of the best cars out there for your dollar.

Favorite Features

The car runs great, has good power, and has a good looking exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

The fabric on the seats could be improved. Everything sticks to it and it is hard to get clean because of that reason. Also when there is water on the windows (side windows in particular) it is very hard to see out of them.

My first Accord
By Big Daddy "54"

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Shopped around looking at Accord, Camry, Mazda 6. Hands down, the best overall value with standard safety features. I've only had it for 3 weeks now. Plenty of pep in the 4 cyl. First round trip of 520 miles, mostly freeway, I averaged 38+ mpg w/5 speed manual (but I'm a conservative driver). Handling is responsive but the ride is a little stiff. Plenty of leg and head room and ample room in back seat for 2 passengers.

Favorite Features

Smooth acceleration and shifting. Plenty of power for this old man. My boys like the fold down center arm rest/cup holder in back seat.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension is too stiff. Needs smoother ride. None of the DC power supplies accomodate a in-car cig. lighter.