2006 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Still the Best Car I Ever Owned
By Bruce on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, I wrote a review of this car in January 2006 when I had owned it for 4 months. It is now 5 years old and I still Love it! Despite being hit from behind and knocked into another car for $5000 damage and a little later being hit by a tree for another $4000 damage, it still rides and drives as good as the day I bought it! 97,500 miles and only maintenance has been oil changes, tires, one new set of spark plugs, brakes, battery and one headlamp. I don't get quite the gas mileage I should be, but that is my fault as I need to change out the air filter and probably the gas one as well. This is one great car! I will own Honda's from now on!

4get the Hybrids! Don't give up size!!
By R on 02/05/09 13:33 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a manual shift 4 cylinder to save gas mileage and to better maintain control of the car... to have fun driving! I have done as well as 39 mpg highway driving, a little better than my 94 Accord stick shift. I use cruise more than the average person. You're going to get fewer mpg when you use gas with ethanol added. With the stick, you don't need 6 cylinders. Couldn't believe I actually looked at and drove others before I got another Accord. Even owned a used Camry for 2 yrs (automatic), but it doesn't have the same drivability as an Accord.

Great Great Car!
By mommy of 3 on 09/26/07 11:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have to admit I have always been a Toyota Camry woman until this car. Love it. I am so pleased with the car, rides great, good on gas, very very roomy. I have the silver which is very good on dirt. This is just a great car and I would tell anyone to get one.

Best Car Ever!
By tulip1924 on 12/17/06 18:41 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. It is reliable, runs so smoothly and looks fantastic. The only thing I really do not like is the fabric used on the seats. Everything sticks to it, and they can be hard to clean. But other than that, this is one of the best cars out there for your dollar.

My first Accord
By Big Daddy "54" on 07/01/06 11:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Shopped around looking at Accord, Camry, Mazda 6. Hands down, the best overall value with standard safety features. I've only had it for 3 weeks now. Plenty of pep in the 4 cyl. First round trip of 520 miles, mostly freeway, I averaged 38+ mpg w/5 speed manual (but I'm a conservative driver). Handling is responsive but the ride is a little stiff. Plenty of leg and head room and ample room in back seat for 2 passengers.

Just the Best
By Bern on 03/02/06 06:07 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has been 10 years since I owned my last Honda Accord and I wonder why I ever strayed, I felt comfortable the minute I sat in my new Accord. It handles and corners on a dime, it is just so responsive. Ive had 29 miles to the gallon, which I did not expect. Trunk space , leg room, luxurious interior, fabulous resale value.What more can anyone ask?....maybe four wheel drive. Well, cant have everything.

My First Honda
By Bruce on 01/27/06 15:56 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in Fords my whold life and this is my first Honda. I will be in Honda's from now on as it is going now. This is a beautiful car that drives great! It has the smoothest shifter I have even in more than 20 years of driving manuals. The car is a pleasure to drive and gets fantastic gas milege on the road and in town. A Very Comfortable Automobile. I test drove a Mazda 6 and a Nissan Altima and I have to say I am pleased I decided to go with the Honda!

Awesome
By Mike on 10/27/05 15:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Boy am I glad I bought this car instead of a V8 Truck with the rising gas prices. I intially started with 29mpg in my first tank. Now that it has broken in a little at 13000 miles I am always over 32mpg with my highest being 35 (600 miles on one tank). I don't baby the car either. I drive a constant 80 mph on the highway yet still mantain this mileage. It's comfortable, quiet, and roomy. I can't wait to see how it is in the snow. My last car was an 88 accord with 270,000 miles on it. It was excellent in the snow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.