Used 2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Amazing vehicle
By ptr81

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our Honda Accord SE in May 2013. It is amazing - with great fuel economy, impeccable build quality, and outstanding reliability. It starts flawlessly in -40 C weather and smoothly rushes to redline when it's driven hard. Although the steering is light, it is communicative and direct. This is one of the best Honda vehicles we have ever owned - next to my 1996 bare-bones Canadian Civic LX 5MT (DX in the US) Sedan.

All

None

good car
By dan

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car generally, although a few things annoy me about it. First is the high catch point on the clutch makes it a little hard to drive at first until you get used to it. Also, the light steering on this car make it follow the grade of the road too much. I thought the alignment was out, but it just tracks the road curvature a lot. The seats collect lint very easily. The brakes are really grabby.

Fuel economy. I get about 28 in mixed driving and about 34 on the highway.

temperature gauge, less grabby brakes, better seats for long distance trips

Who could ask for more?
By GB

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and it now has 28k miles. It has been trouble free, though I do need to have the drivers window adjusted now b/c it squeaks. Recently I began driving slower (the speed limit) and it has consistently turned in 36 mpg, which is phenomenal. The car will accelerate quickly when you push it, the 4 wheel double wishbone suspension (gone on the new model) handles great and is lightweight. Honda did an excellent job on this car and I highly recommend it. I do wish it had a 6 speed manual on the 4 cylinder. My favorite feature is the electrochomatic speedo display. Great job, Honda, in creating a perfectly balanced, safe reliable, affordable car. I suggest Boston speakers

fuel economy, acceleration, braking, comfort, roominess

6 speed manual on the 4cyl (from the tsx). more options packages.

My Ride
By genia

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The drive of this vehicle is so wonderful it is hard to describe. I must say that engine is seems like a low lull that sometimes I forget that it is. It doesn't use too much gas. I was able to get from Northern California (San Jose) to Southern California (L.A.) with a single tank of gas, furthermore, I a tank of gas last me a whole week of driving on L.A. streets and freeways.

XM radio, 6 disc CD player, leather seating, heated driver seats, roomy interior for myself and the friends

the only thing i would suggest if the windows came tinted

Almost Great
By Allan T

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The special edition Honda Accord(5 speed, 4 cyl) is a great value. The 5 speed manual transmission shifts smoothly and gracefully. It seems that Honda could improve on the mileage if it would increase the final drive ratio on the 5th gear (runs about 2800 rpm at 65 mph). The air conditioning unit is great, but it has a noticeable drag on the acceleration and the gas mileage (-2 mpg when active). Overall we get about 29 mpg with our driving mix. The best highway mileage has been 35 mpg and the worst city mileage about 25 mpg. The SE version comes with the carbon fiber interior and cloth standard (we upgraded to the dealer installed leather and it is great).

Gas mileage and reliability has been great. The interior and stero system is also very good. Trunk space is ample (recommmend getting the plastic trey).

• SUV