2006 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Amazing vehicle
By ptr81 on 04/05/14 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our Honda Accord SE in May 2013. It is amazing - with great fuel economy, impeccable build quality, and outstanding reliability. It starts flawlessly in -40 C weather and smoothly rushes to redline when it's driven hard. Although the steering is light, it is communicative and direct. This is one of the best Honda vehicles we have ever owned - next to my 1996 bare-bones Canadian Civic LX 5MT (DX in the US) Sedan.

good car
By dan on 10/23/08 16:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car generally, although a few things annoy me about it. First is the high catch point on the clutch makes it a little hard to drive at first until you get used to it. Also, the light steering on this car make it follow the grade of the road too much. I thought the alignment was out, but it just tracks the road curvature a lot. The seats collect lint very easily. The brakes are really grabby.

Who could ask for more?
By GB on 06/10/08 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and it now has 28k miles. It has been trouble free, though I do need to have the drivers window adjusted now b/c it squeaks. Recently I began driving slower (the speed limit) and it has consistently turned in 36 mpg, which is phenomenal. The car will accelerate quickly when you push it, the 4 wheel double wishbone suspension (gone on the new model) handles great and is lightweight. Honda did an excellent job on this car and I highly recommend it. I do wish it had a 6 speed manual on the 4 cylinder. My favorite feature is the electrochomatic speedo display. Great job, Honda, in creating a perfectly balanced, safe reliable, affordable car. I suggest Boston speakers

My Ride
By genia on 12/11/06 13:28 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The drive of this vehicle is so wonderful it is hard to describe. I must say that engine is seems like a low lull that sometimes I forget that it is. It doesn't use too much gas. I was able to get from Northern California (San Jose) to Southern California (L.A.) with a single tank of gas, furthermore, I a tank of gas last me a whole week of driving on L.A. streets and freeways.

Almost Great
By Allan T on 09/16/06 10:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The special edition Honda Accord(5 speed, 4 cyl) is a great value. The 5 speed manual transmission shifts smoothly and gracefully. It seems that Honda could improve on the mileage if it would increase the final drive ratio on the 5th gear (runs about 2800 rpm at 65 mph). The air conditioning unit is great, but it has a noticeable drag on the acceleration and the gas mileage (-2 mpg when active). Overall we get about 29 mpg with our driving mix. The best highway mileage has been 35 mpg and the worst city mileage about 25 mpg. The SE version comes with the carbon fiber interior and cloth standard (we upgraded to the dealer installed leather and it is great).

Great, but wish for just a wee bit more
By pvk on 09/04/06 17:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

In two words GREAT CAR. Good drive, handling and has most of the interior features one needs. When compared to the 07 Camry....much better ride/handling. I do not need to feel like I am driving a boat like a camry and I am satisfied with the space available as I do not have a tall family... Wish for some features namely MP3/WMA playback, automatic height adjustment, outside temperature gauge and this is cause the competion(Toyota 07) offers them for the same price..and I did have to compromise on these features for better ride/handling.

Rocky start, but good now
By CrazyG on 08/28/06 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The folks in marysville ohio forgot to torque the front suspension properly when building the car. It took the dealer a couple tries to fix this. Car drives great, acceleration is quick, first tank of gas yielded 34.5 mpg (engine is still breaking in). I am very pleased with fuel economy. Manual trans is the way to go. My wife has a 4cyl auto accord and the manual accelerates stronger. Handles and brakes well. Love the value of the se model. Well balanced car in terms of acceleration/mpg. Highly recommend replacing rear speakers with boston acoustics from crutchfield.

Love my Accord
By jag57 on 08/19/06 19:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car! This is the first Honda I have ever owned and I love it. I have owned my LX for one month now and have 3400 miles on it. The 4 cyl. is great. We drove 4 adults with lots of luggage and traveled over Colorado mountain passes and you couldn't believe how much power it had and the gas mileage was still 30 mpg. On one trip I got 38 mpg. I also got my 1st ticket in this car, it has so much power and fun to drive that I wasn't paying attention.

Best value for the price.
By jimh70458 on 07/21/06 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the Sonata, Camry (07), Passat, and Mazda 6 before deciding on the Accord LX SE. Although some had more equipment for the money, they all lacked in either quality, fit, finish, ride, performance, or road noise. In fact, I was really surprised when Honda's 4cyl out performed most of the of the competitor's 6cyl models. This given, that fuel economy is pretty close to EPA estimates. With 80% of my miles being in town, I am getting right at 26 MPG. My only problem so far is getting used to driving a manual again. The engine is so quiet that I sometimes forget to shift. Although this is my first experience with Honda they have certainly earned my respect and future business.

Without question, the best midsize car.
By daavo on 06/13/06 23:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with this car has been superb.The only other car that I looked at was the 07 Camry. The Accord just seems nicer. The ride and handling tradeoff is excellent. The iVtec four is super smooth and has plenty of power even with the auto. I love the LED tail lights and the new front end. The seats are very comfortable. I have to drive employees around town and everyone comments on how nice it is. I find myself driving it just to drive it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.