Used 2006 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 361 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

BEST CAR EVER OWNED IN 50 YEARS
By Joe Kordash

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I have ever owned in 50 years. So good I just purchased another new one after driving for 248,500 miles. Still able to get 29 - 30 mpg on the highway. Was not really ready to part with it but I wanted the latest in technology safety and creature features.

A great first car for teenagers
By Drew

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first car that my parents bought for me as a graduation gift. I couldn't be any happier with it! I average around 30 miles per gallon and it only costs around $30 dollars to completely fuel over here in SoCal. The leather still looks very nice after 10 years and the interior has a timeless design. The 4 cylinder engine has just enough pep for most people and the revs sound great at higher RPMs. I do enjoy speed though and wish it had a V6 but I'll just wait for that when I can buy a car on my own. The exterior design is also nice. I still get comments from friends guessing that it looks a few years newer because of its design. I also really enjoy the hydraulic power steering on this car over the new cars that have electronic power steering. There's much more weight to the wheel when turning and it feels better tuned for a more natural drive. One complaint I have is that there is no AUX input to play music from my Ipod. Come on Honda, you already have a factory radio that is AUX ready! If you're on a budget but want a reliable and somewhat luxurious car, I would definitely look at this and this is 10 years after it was released!

2006 Accord EX. L
By Todd King

2006 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2006 Honda Accord great car, no issues, biggest issue has been replacement of both airbags. Dealer is backed up and waiting 9 hours for repair is not good. Engine is great switched to synthetic oil at 100k and it runs like a top

Honda Accord 06'
By Mark Moye

2006 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Good on gas. Bought it at 92,000 miles. Have 125,000 miles on it now and just replaced the timing belt and fan belt. Should get another 90,000 miles out of it. I deliver pizzas in it and it is excellent on gas. Synthetic oil only i use every 4,000 miles. Great car!!!

Great Work horse 347,000 miles and still going
By Chuck Pomeroy

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my car new in November of 2005. I drive over 33,000 miles a year (yes I know I am not carbon friendly). Anyway this car has been amazing. Great for the everyday commute and the vacation getaway. I live in the mountains and work in L.A. so most winters I have to run on chains 30-40 minutes each morning and each evening during the winter. Other cars and 4 wheel drive trucks have gotten stuck or crashed but NOT my Honda.
In the 347,000 miles I have had very little trouble.
I have replaced:
right rear wheel bearing (once)
one electric fan motor
one air conditioning High pressure valve
one starter
At the 310,000 mile mark she started using a little oil. Now at 347,000 I need to add 1 to 1.5 quarts of oil in between oil changes.
I still get 30 mpg and everything- radio, gauges, ac and heater, heated seats still work perfectly. I just looked at new cars and because of there price I am sticking with this one. My mechanic has said "this car rides better than most of the 100,000 mile cars he works on" and because I park underground and clay and wax the car regularly the paint is still in amazing shape.
Great Great Car