Used 2006 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By jollygrnjiant

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car in 2008 with 15k, it currently has 120k. It has been a fantastically reliable car. Other than normal maintenance the only thing I've had to repair was the starter. I do all my own work and it has been a very easy car to work on. Changing the timing belt, it has the easiest to read timing marks of any car I've worked on. It's those little things that you don't usually see that tell you it has had a lot of engineering put into it and it shows. I fully expect this car to last for another 120k easily.

Favorite Features

v6 has great power. Very smooth transmission. Incredible reliability.

Suggested Improvements

I'm 6'4" and there just isn't quite enough legroom to be perfectly comfortable, and the steering wheel doesn't telescope out far enough to get to as comfortable a position as I'd like.

Best car I have owned
By lulu29

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the my Accord in 2009 with 30k miles, it now has 134k miles. I use it to commute to work. I have never had to do any work other the maintenance. Its fun to drive and gets great mpg. I bought my car from a dealership and its lowered. I love the look and style. Roomy interior to par. I have 2 more payments till its paid for. I'm seriously debating to buy another newer Acura or just keep driving this one.

Favorite Features

The roomy interior is great because my parents are very comfortable, My boyfriend of twelve years (6'-5" and 240lbs) loves to drive this Honda, has plenty of headroom for him. The Stereo system rocks with a ton a bass.

Amazing vehicle
By ptr81

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our Honda Accord SE in May 2013. It is amazing - with great fuel economy, impeccable build quality, and outstanding reliability. It starts flawlessly in -40 C weather and smoothly rushes to redline when it's driven hard. Although the steering is light, it is communicative and direct. This is one of the best Honda vehicles we have ever owned - next to my 1996 bare-bones Canadian Civic LX 5MT (DX in the US) Sedan.

Favorite Features

All

Suggested Improvements

None

2006 Accord LX V6
By snlane40

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The best car I have had overall. Very reliable. Like any other car you must maintain it & it will last a lifetime. There are minor flaws/cons with it like any other car such as the clear coat scratches easy, minor rattles in the door, steering is very tight. Pros are gas mileage is okay, built to last, no major issues, and leather seats have held up very well. I haven't had anything annoying or major happen. I've just maintained the car and not had any issues. I wish it had an AUX port and I wish it was AWD like some of Acuras cars like it. The biggest pro for me is the really tight steering but the pros out weigh the cons for sure. Overall worth the money

Favorite Features

Good quaility radio with XM, nice leather seats (back seats are like new), nice wheels, good quaility dash and knobs.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, steering, AUX port, AWD would be a huge plus

Best buy
By marcko24

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The best car I ever had by far, I was very happy with my accord, but....I trade it for a cc passat 2010, what a mistake !!!! People who bought my accord is sooo happy, and my CC is in the workshop! 3 years I used the accord with zero problem, nothing at all, the best car by far

Favorite Features

Handlng, powerful, economy, zero trouble

Suggested Improvements

None