2006 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
By mikec on 07/18/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have had this Hybrid for 2 months and still love the car. MPG for city driving is 29 on average and highway is running at 40. I bought this car used to save on gas, very pleased with mileage and performance. Great car!

Why did Honda drop the Accord Hybrid?
By BWM on 06/26/08 04:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

By far this is the best Accord ever! On a recent trip (June 2008) the mileage computer registered 511 miles, we still had 1/8 tank left, computer showed 39 mpg. After filling up I rechecked the mpg with a calculator and it showed 40 mpg! I don't know what Honda was thinking but my Hybrid Accord is outperforming every other Hybrid out there while 260 horses provide pure zooming fun!

Great Car
By emmy on 05/21/08 14:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Purchased HAH used for $24K w/ only 7K miles. Like many, I am a little disappointed with the mpg for a hybrid but considering its a 6 cylinder, I really can't complain too much considering I average 26 mpg and have gotten up to 37 mpg on long trips. This car is so comfortable w/ leather seats, handles smooth and has great pickup. I drove a '97 Camry before this and, although I was very happy with Toyota, I really love how my HAH drives. Also have ridden in a Prius and the seats are so uncomfortable. I really have no regrets on my HAH.

First Hybrid
By mikec on 05/17/08 20:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

What a great ride! I have been driving a Mini Van for several years and due to the age of my children I no longer need a vehicle this large. I went with this vehicle due to MPG and performance. I bought this car used with 31,000 miles at 20% below Kelley Blue Book. The vehicle is very quiet, love the leather as well as the interior. The performance of a V6 with the MPG of a 4 cylinder. Despite the reviews for the Hybrid Accord I love this vehicle.

Problems with Hybrid
By Wyatt on 01/14/07 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I thought the bugs were out of this car when I purchased it. I was wrong. In cold weather, around 20 degrees, or less, it runs rough with a power loss and that's not acceptable for a $30,000 vehicle. I only have 3000 miles on the car. Honda replaced a "module" and the problem is still there. This tells me Honda does not know what to do. In warmer temperatures, it runs fine. I'd love to hear from other Accord Hybrid owners who have this problem, and what you did to solve it. I need help. These cars are rare and I see none on the road and no one to talk to. I'd like to give some expensive, free advice to anyone considering this Hybrid. Wait. There are problems. Thank You, Wyatt

Honda Hybrid Experience
By JR Leitch on 09/29/06 22:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

My 2006 Honda Hybrid has quality written all over it! This is my third Honda, and I know my next one will also be a Honda. I think Honda did an excellent job designing the suspension. The gas mileage is a little disappointing, but that is probably me being a little heavy on the gas pedal. I love it.

A believer
By hayje on 09/22/06 15:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Power , power, and more power BUT, at a reasonable MPG. I've gotten as high as 42.4 mpg on long trips and 28 in the city,I've even had it up to 120 mph several times and nothng fell off. Even a state tropper who tried to catch me and did only when I slowed down to the speed limit, couldn't believe it was a hybrid I didn't get a ticket!When I left him he was still shaking his head and laughing to himself

Accord Hybrid Powerfull And Economical
By rpatch000 on 09/04/06 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This car has a 255 HP, handles like a Acura TL, more room than the Acura and I'm getting 9 miles to the gallon more than the Acura. The Accord Hybrid out the door price was $5000 less than the Acura.

Excellent except
By Jon on 07/17/06 19:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Great car, I average aprox. 33 mpg combined. On trips it goes up to approx. 38 mpg. Biggest complaint is the gear box, it has a tendency to shift into 3rd rather than overdrive. Otherwise excellent.

Gripes
By Hybrid Honey on 05/29/06 00:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

When we went to look at the Honda Accord Hybrid car, the salesperson did tell us that it is not a true hybrid, that the mileage is not what it states on the sticker. It has great pick-up when needed to accelerate. The dashboard lights are great! Highway ride is a bit rough and the interior noise is noticeable. On occasions we have experienced some blind spots while driving,warrenting a sudden correction . Do not like the spare-tire feature, very dumb. We feel good about driving a clean car but wish it could give us better mileage!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.