Used 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

By mikec

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have had this Hybrid for 2 months and still love the car. MPG for city driving is 29 on average and highway is running at 40. I bought this car used to save on gas, very pleased with mileage and performance. Great car!

Why did Honda drop the Accord Hybrid?
By BWM

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

By far this is the best Accord ever! On a recent trip (June 2008) the mileage computer registered 511 miles, we still had 1/8 tank left, computer showed 39 mpg. After filling up I rechecked the mpg with a calculator and it showed 40 mpg! I don't know what Honda was thinking but my Hybrid Accord is outperforming every other Hybrid out there while 260 horses provide pure zooming fun!

Fit, finish, roominess, mileage, POWER

Bring the model back! With all of the competition out there, Honda is missing not having a roomier and more powerful hybrid.

Great Car
By emmy

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Purchased HAH used for $24K w/ only 7K miles. Like many, I am a little disappointed with the mpg for a hybrid but considering its a 6 cylinder, I really can't complain too much considering I average 26 mpg and have gotten up to 37 mpg on long trips. This car is so comfortable w/ leather seats, handles smooth and has great pickup. I drove a '97 Camry before this and, although I was very happy with Toyota, I really love how my HAH drives. Also have ridden in a Prius and the seats are so uncomfortable. I really have no regrets on my HAH.

Smooth ride, great pickup, leather seats, sunroof, radio changer on steering wheels and buttons on dashboard simple and not over complicated.

Just better gas mileage and pass thru trunk w/ fold down of the back seats but that's sacrificed for the storage of the hybrid battery

First Hybrid
By mikec

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

What a great ride! I have been driving a Mini Van for several years and due to the age of my children I no longer need a vehicle this large. I went with this vehicle due to MPG and performance. I bought this car used with 31,000 miles at 20% below Kelley Blue Book. The vehicle is very quiet, love the leather as well as the interior. The performance of a V6 with the MPG of a 4 cylinder. Despite the reviews for the Hybrid Accord I love this vehicle.

Leather, XM, Decent Sound System, MPG, Sunroof, Interior Is Very Nice, Warranty

MP3 Jack, Memory Seats, Rear Seat That Folds Down, Compass

Problems with Hybrid
By Wyatt

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I thought the bugs were out of this car when I purchased it. I was wrong. In cold weather, around 20 degrees, or less, it runs rough with a power loss and that's not acceptable for a $30,000 vehicle. I only have 3000 miles on the car. Honda replaced a "module" and the problem is still there. This tells me Honda does not know what to do. In warmer temperatures, it runs fine. I'd love to hear from other Accord Hybrid owners who have this problem, and what you did to solve it. I need help. These cars are rare and I see none on the road and no one to talk to. I'd like to give some expensive, free advice to anyone considering this Hybrid. Wait. There are problems. Thank You, Wyatt

Powerful engine, great, smooth transmission, leather interior and layout, satellite radio, 30 mpg for a high performance 6 cylinder engine, :) great body styling, heated seats, moonroof, great handling, chrome dual exhaust looks impressive, solid build, impressive looking engine, and technology.

Power passenger's seat, automatic headlights should be there for $30,000. They are not even options. Ride could be smoother with less road noise and wind noise.