Used 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

a true sleeper
By mac91

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Bought a 2006 hybrid with nav as cpo for about half new retail price when it had 47k on the clock. Now close to 80k with zero problems, no repairs. no rattles. Consistent 40 mpg on freeway if driven below 72mph. very comfortable and powerful. hard to beat. I have owned 9 Honda/Acura cars and this one beats them all without question.

hybrid without CVT slushbox transmission. excellent quality interior.

plug in rechargable lithium battery.

Good Car
By Mike

I've been commuting in this vehicle for almost three years and have about 44,000 miles on it. I average about 30 miles per gallon on a V-6 engine. This car has a lot of power and drives like a sports car. The only problem I had is the engine light came on three times because the valves needed adjustment, which was covered under warranty. Fit and finish and ride quality are typical Honda: top notch. My only complaint has been the resale value, but that may have corrected itself since gas priced have increased. In a nutshell, this vehicle offers 4 cylinder gas mileage, with a potent V-6 under the hood.

engine power, xm radio,

exterior styling, bluetooth capability, better stereo sound

By mikec

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have had this Hybrid for 2 months and still love the car. MPG for city driving is 29 on average and highway is running at 40. I bought this car used to save on gas, very pleased with mileage and performance. Great car!

Why did Honda drop the Accord Hybrid?
By BWM

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

By far this is the best Accord ever! On a recent trip (June 2008) the mileage computer registered 511 miles, we still had 1/8 tank left, computer showed 39 mpg. After filling up I rechecked the mpg with a calculator and it showed 40 mpg! I don't know what Honda was thinking but my Hybrid Accord is outperforming every other Hybrid out there while 260 horses provide pure zooming fun!

Fit, finish, roominess, mileage, POWER

Bring the model back! With all of the competition out there, Honda is missing not having a roomier and more powerful hybrid.

Great Car
By emmy

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Purchased HAH used for $24K w/ only 7K miles. Like many, I am a little disappointed with the mpg for a hybrid but considering its a 6 cylinder, I really can't complain too much considering I average 26 mpg and have gotten up to 37 mpg on long trips. This car is so comfortable w/ leather seats, handles smooth and has great pickup. I drove a '97 Camry before this and, although I was very happy with Toyota, I really love how my HAH drives. Also have ridden in a Prius and the seats are so uncomfortable. I really have no regrets on my HAH.

Smooth ride, great pickup, leather seats, sunroof, radio changer on steering wheels and buttons on dashboard simple and not over complicated.

Just better gas mileage and pass thru trunk w/ fold down of the back seats but that's sacrificed for the storage of the hybrid battery