2006 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
a true sleeper
By mac91 on 05/13/11 07:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Bought a 2006 hybrid with nav as cpo for about half new retail price when it had 47k on the clock. Now close to 80k with zero problems, no repairs. no rattles. Consistent 40 mpg on freeway if driven below 72mph. very comfortable and powerful. hard to beat. I have owned 9 Honda/Acura cars and this one beats them all without question.

Good Car
By Mike on 08/01/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

I've been commuting in this vehicle for almost three years and have about 44,000 miles on it. I average about 30 miles per gallon on a V-6 engine. This car has a lot of power and drives like a sports car. The only problem I had is the engine light came on three times because the valves needed adjustment, which was covered under warranty. Fit and finish and ride quality are typical Honda: top notch. My only complaint has been the resale value, but that may have corrected itself since gas priced have increased. In a nutshell, this vehicle offers 4 cylinder gas mileage, with a potent V-6 under the hood.

By mikec on 07/18/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I have had this Hybrid for 2 months and still love the car. MPG for city driving is 29 on average and highway is running at 40. I bought this car used to save on gas, very pleased with mileage and performance. Great car!

Why did Honda drop the Accord Hybrid?
By BWM on 06/26/08 04:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

By far this is the best Accord ever! On a recent trip (June 2008) the mileage computer registered 511 miles, we still had 1/8 tank left, computer showed 39 mpg. After filling up I rechecked the mpg with a calculator and it showed 40 mpg! I don't know what Honda was thinking but my Hybrid Accord is outperforming every other Hybrid out there while 260 horses provide pure zooming fun!

Great Car
By emmy on 05/21/08 14:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Purchased HAH used for $24K w/ only 7K miles. Like many, I am a little disappointed with the mpg for a hybrid but considering its a 6 cylinder, I really can't complain too much considering I average 26 mpg and have gotten up to 37 mpg on long trips. This car is so comfortable w/ leather seats, handles smooth and has great pickup. I drove a '97 Camry before this and, although I was very happy with Toyota, I really love how my HAH drives. Also have ridden in a Prius and the seats are so uncomfortable. I really have no regrets on my HAH.

First Hybrid
By mikec on 05/17/08 20:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

What a great ride! I have been driving a Mini Van for several years and due to the age of my children I no longer need a vehicle this large. I went with this vehicle due to MPG and performance. I bought this car used with 31,000 miles at 20% below Kelley Blue Book. The vehicle is very quiet, love the leather as well as the interior. The performance of a V6 with the MPG of a 4 cylinder. Despite the reviews for the Hybrid Accord I love this vehicle.

Not a BMW...
By jack1610 on 05/16/08 09:39 AM (PDT)

Initial mpg 22/27 calculated by driving and topping off frequently. My wife did a little better @ 24/28. She just broke 20k and now we get 25/36. There are times when we get a real bad number (quite possibly from gas station pump error). The city mileage is about the same as a regular 6-cyl. Hwy fluctuates from (minus bad readings under 21 mpg!!!) 27-37.5. The more "broken-in" the better it seems at the moment. I am really curious about the rest of folks with this car. Are you all getting better results as the vehicle gets older? One small neg is the "jerk" when you step off the brake and touch the gas petal. The work around is let the brake go, wait 2 sec then touch the gas.

Problems with Hybrid
By Wyatt on 01/14/07 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I thought the bugs were out of this car when I purchased it. I was wrong. In cold weather, around 20 degrees, or less, it runs rough with a power loss and that's not acceptable for a $30,000 vehicle. I only have 3000 miles on the car. Honda replaced a "module" and the problem is still there. This tells me Honda does not know what to do. In warmer temperatures, it runs fine. I'd love to hear from other Accord Hybrid owners who have this problem, and what you did to solve it. I need help. These cars are rare and I see none on the road and no one to talk to. I'd like to give some expensive, free advice to anyone considering this Hybrid. Wait. There are problems. Thank You, Wyatt

2005 Honda Accord with Nav.
By Punch on 10/25/06 17:42 PM (PDT)

I have owned Mb, BMW, Acura, Cad ,etc. This Accord Hybrid is one outstanding car. I traded my 2004 Acura TL for the 2005 Accord Hybrid. Great decision. Burns regular fuel as opposed to premium for the TL. Had to replace all 4 tires on the TL after 18,000 miles. Although I am a BMW lover for all around driving the Accord Hybrid can't be beat.

Great car, not great mileage!
By Hybrid2006 on 10/24/06 03:08 AM (PDT)

I bought this car thinking I was going to get 30mpg average, but I was wrong. I get 23-25 and to me I was only saving really little on gas. I love the car overall; the quality, the smoothness, the features, the power and performance. I mean for 30-33k I think I could of gotten the other accords and saved money and gas. They made the build (exterior) look the same and you really have to drive that car really really slow to even get 25-30 mpg. I am upset for them to even advertised 38 mpg because I have never gotten that good of a mileage driving smooth and slow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.