2006 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Always Buy Honda
By ashbmcc on 11/11/13 08:31 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I honestly love my Honda Accord. I bought it with 88,000 miles 2 years ago and now have 130,000. I drive a lot and needed a good quality car. Honda is the way to go, and especially an accord. I've contemplated selling my car only because of the loan I used to buy it is sinking me. But, I just can't actually get to the point of wanting to give up a car I really enjoy having and one that has been so reliable. When I bought it two years ago with 88k miles on it, it was Honda certified with a year warranty I paid extra for. I shouldn't have purchased the warranty, although always good to play it safe, but I never needed to use it. Great car. Love it.

Boring, Dull but Reliable
By andysomogyi on 06/25/11 14:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is definitely not in the BMW 3 series league. I had the V6 - 6 speed model with the sport suspension. Understeered fairly bad, rolled and wobbled badly on corers, and despite fairly good HP numbers, acceleration felt uninspired. This car had no personality, it just basically ran -- dull exhaust note, non-communicative steering. If you just want a commuter car, this is probably fine, but don't waste your money on the V6. You want a more performance oriented car, look elsewhere.

WOW!
By TC on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Super car. Bought used with about 50,000 miles. Drives excellently. 3 accords in my family. All super! The v6 is so smooth! 6 speed manual takes a little getting used to . Especially after I drive my wife's auto 4 cylinder. There is some kind of flaw with 3 rd gear. Sometimes does not want to go in. Thought it was my used version. But hearing others have the same problem. When you want to get down and boogie . The thing will really move. Or will be a super smooth commuter. It is a real 4 seater even though a coupe. I have driven the latest models. I will not give this one up for one of those. Honda needs to get better with new models. Hyundai is a real threat now. My 06 is a+

Wish it was a bit better!!!!
By CoronaL on 02/14/07 07:17 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd new honda in the past 3yrs for my family. 2 previous were practically flawless, however this one has been somewhat of a PIA. 3rd gear is problematic to shift into at times, and dealer "cannot replicate the problem". I'd challenge they haven't really tried. Known problem for this transmission in a minority of cars. I don't have time to do other peoples jobs so I suffer through it. Otherwise I really like the car, it's very comfortable, handles well, is good in winter etc. Just wish that MPG was a bit better, I have yet to hit the HWY rating even at 65mph on even interstate I'm falling 3-4mpg short. 3rd Gear is synchro issue, but dealer won't fix it, making car less fun.

no bmw but 10K less
By yachtracer on 01/04/07 12:53 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is actually my first Honda. When I bought it I was amazed at the trim level for the price. This has all the bells and whistles. Having researched it mostly on edmunds.com, there were no surprises, except for a little for torque steer than expected. It is extremely fun to drive, fit and finish is fantastic, the oversteer could easily be corrected, at the price, it has no peer and is 10k less then a comparable BMW

A very nice Honda
By tlh4tung on 06/20/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first ever Honda and I love it a lot. Nice styling and good build quality. I own a black one and took it to tint window and install HID headlight now the car looks as nice as a BMW. The performance of the car is excellent but need some practice for the cluch before get used to it. Haven't try to push the car hard but you can feel a lot of power above 3000rpm. A very comfortable, fast and fun to drive car for everyday use.

A superb car
By Maddog on 05/24/06 14:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have read reviews complaining about rattles and premature wear and tear on the interior parts. After 7 months my car is rattle free, vault solid, and the interior is flawless. It handles better than I expected and it is really fast.Itis still a pleasure every time I get in the car - I find reasons to go driving in spite of the current gas prices.

Darn good value overall!!
By Bill on 05/07/06 14:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The engine is great. Interior and exterior styling is awesome! The perforated leather is soft and of good quality. Seats are extremely comfortable. The car rides very nice and smooth. The 17" wheels and lower profile tires on this years V6 6M look sweet. Smooth shifting is difficult sometimes as another person mentioned. In traffic the clutch can be quite demanding as it's especially springy; much more than your typical clutch. The brakes are not quite up to par with the performance. Handling could stand to improve a bit as it's a little cushy feeling on fast turns. Overall you'd be hard pressed to find a better value in this range. With a few tweaks, this car would be unbeatable!

Hard to top for 27k
By Dave on 05/03/06 19:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is probably the best car I have ever owned. The interior styling and the quality of the materials makes you feel as though you are driving a 50k car. The car has the right balance of luxury, comfort, and performance without looking and feeling like a family car. Quick quiet and fun to drive and turns heads too.

2 FAST
By HONDALVR on 03/20/06 12:16 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's fun. It's fast. It almost drives its self. Shifting is effortless. It can do 80mph at 2,500 RPM. Probably the best car I have ever owned.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.