Used 2006 Honda Accord EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Typical Honda Reliability
By Andrew

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven 5 Honda cars before and bought this one for the same reason I, or my family, has owned the others: reliability and low cost of maintenance. The only problems have been a faulty engine temperature gauge, which would have cost a lot more to replace in other car brands, and a window issue. In the last 300 miles, the driver's side window would not roll up. This has happened twice and is intermittent. I think the switch will probably have to be replaced. I doubt it will be a costly repair. Other than that, no issues. I just paid it off and plan to drive it to 300k, which is a possibility with these cars. My only complaint is Honda interiors tend to rattle, which started early on.

Great gas mileage. I average 32.50 with mixed highway and city driving. I once got 36 on an all highway trip, and the car was filled to the ceiling with heavy camping gear. I like that the iPod is connected to the steering wheel controls. For only a 4 cylinder, it has a lot of pick up. Big trunk.

Tighten up the interior, so it doesn't creak and rattle at 5k miles. Make the iPod connection standard. Make dual windows auto standard. More horsepower for the 4 cylinder. I think the last three of these were/are standard on the 2008 model. More curb rash resistant wheels.

Damaged goods
By BOB

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car was damaged when I purchased it from the dealer. It started showing signs of rust on the passenger door just behind the hinges. Dealer said he was aware of the problem when I purchased the certified used car, The car was only 2 months old when I bought the car. I contacted Honda and they stated that it was not their problem.

Three Times The Charm
By Tony

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Accord 5 speed coupe This car the best one yet in gas mileage performance, comfort and looks.

The 5 speed shifts very smooth and I like the ride I travel 125 miles a day. I get 31 to 32 miles per gallon

The only improvement is that maybe Honda will someday make a all wheel drive Accord.

It's a Honda
By Tony

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Accord 5 speed. The first tank of gas I got 32.23 mpg I travel 130 miles a day this car is very fast and comfortable handles well.

Great CD player . Nice dash also comes with great wheels. The great gas milage and comfort is a plus.

The only improvement is some day Honda should make a all wheel drive Accord