Used 2006 Honda Accord LX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most reliable car I have owned
By sublimefan661

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new from the dealership with 7 miles on her. Its now been 6 years, 80k miles later and she still drives the same as she did when i first got her from the dealership. No major work done except oil changes, battery once, all four tires twice, front brakes once, air filter and just passed smog with flying colors. Im going to keep driving this thing till the engine blows up.

I love the sleek, smooth look of the exterior body and stock 16" allow rims it comes with. Going for long drives are comfortable as well, as Ive gotten compliments on a couple of my friends who have driven her in the highway. The interior lighting looks nice at night too, love the red & dash lighting. Stereo system sounds very nice too, you would think I am using an 8" sub with very pleasant sounding mids and highs.

I dont like how quickly the black pain wears off of the wipers to where you can see the metal underneath the paint. The paint job its self is cheap, I think its a single coat which scratches off very easily, you can probably scratch the paint by just rubbing your finger nail on it. I also wish Honda would get with the game and start using HID projector lenses like BMW, Audi, VW and even Toyota. also, when I drive with all the windows shut, I think it could be more of a quieter ride. Despite these complaints, the over all reliability and safety of this car makes it very worth the purchase.

Takes a licking!
By shawn2e

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this accord brand new in Monrovia. The only problem I had was cheap arm rest had came unattached and the brake rotors would warp after excessive freeway usage. No other problems with the car from day one until totaled. I do have to say this is a safe car. First accident was striking a box spring and spare tire on the highway ripped front bumper right off. 2nd accident totaled car, rear end impact at 50 mph! Was able to walk out of the car shaken up and unhurt. I would have to say I would buy another Honda Accord when the time for me to buy another car comes around. it's a good everyday car to run around, commute, errands, or go out in. Good price for the piece of mind.

window sticker said I should only get 34 mpg, but I was getting 38 on SoCal freeways. easy to use and read guages and dials. solid feel when closing doors or turning knobs and switches.

improve access to rear seats on coupe. make the trunk opening easier to put bags in while you don't bang your head on the deck lid. extend the warranty higher like other car makers. Improve the front brakes and rotors not to warp with excessive freeway usage.more mpg on newer models after this one.

Best Accord Honda has ever made!
By John

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well balanced car all around. The Interior design is astonishing, exterior design is sharp and sleek. Great get up and go power for a four cylinder. Rides smooth and quiet on the highway.

Love the hyper intensive dash display, LED tail lights, tons of cup holders, and the hide away compartments.

Too much sound proofing takes away from the signature vtec sound when it kicks in. :(

ripped off
By dan

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 coupe in 2005 i decided one day to compare spec 0-60 the clutch blew up when i hit 2nd gear they would not go good with warranty nailed me for 18,000 for one years use had 9600 km on it i have never been so disappointed how i was treated by the dealer and honda canada

clutch is a poor design or never installed correct

My 2nd Honda Accord Coupe
By Dab

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my 2000 Accord Coupe back in 2002, for a Mazda. Worst Mistake I Ever Made...that is until I traded my 2002 Mazda for a Brand New 2006 Accord Coupe! Smartest Move ever made! The Gas Mileage is AWSOME! The Horsepower is more than necessary when needed. I still get surprised when I hit the gas from a complete stop or to pass on the Highway. Take it from me...my original Honda Accord Coupe did not give me any problems at all. The are one of the MOST reliable cars on the road. I expect my NEW '06 Model will be just as dependable, if not better.

Gas Mileage, HorsePower, Oil Svc Indicator. And the LED dash lights are HOT!

I would suggest making the Radio Volume Control just a "wee" bit smaller.