V6 Power; V4 MPG
By JLAnderson on
2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)
This was an impulse buy -- was getting my 03 Accord LX serviced, saw this car on display, smelled the leather and was sold. Am averaging about 35 mpg -- here's how I do it: When the green "eco" light comes on at the desired speed, I hit "cruise" and stay there. I'm trying to get rid of a heavy foot. If you want to drive this like the performance sedan it is, hitting on all 6 cylinders, you're going to see lower mileage. It's that simple. Don't drive like a nut, and you'll be rewarded. This is truly a great car; I've been driving Accords for almost 20 years and this is the best by far. Trust me.
Favorite Features
XM Radio; the heated seats (for my 80-year-old, cold-natured mom); dual-zone AC (for me, when mom's in the car and freezing); the tautness of handling; the seamless way Honda has integrated new technology with its proven, reliable technology.
Suggested Improvements
Moonroof (done for the 06); auto-dimming rearview should be standard for a car at this level; increase the color choices -- and make them totally unique to the HAH cars; auto-locking doors when shifted from Park.