2005 Honda Accord Consumer Review: The New Accord Hybrid

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Review

The New Accord Hybrid
By Bill Ades on

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I would have preferred to wait a year to let the prices come down a bit and to make sure the new Accord Hybrid would be as good a car as my last Accord ('95 wagon, 168k miles). I have had absolutely no reason to regret my purchase. The car is a dream to drive -- tight, responsive handling and ride, real performance (without guilt). I have found no defects in 6 months and over 6,000 miles. The Nav. system is both fun and useful and the sound system is great. The car routinely gets 37 mpg or more at interstate speeds and averages 25 mpg on my 20 mile mixed commute. The transition from economy mode (3 cylinders) to full power is virtually undetectible. I love my new Accord!

Economy mode, nav. system, sound system, interior trim (leather), controls, handling

Better drip guards over the windows would be useful. And a rear wiper would be very useful -- rain plus a little dust can make it very difficult to see through the rear window.