2005 Honda Accord Consumer Review: The Accord Hybrid

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Review

The Accord Hybrid
By Gary on

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I purchased my hybrid Accord without the navigation system in December, 2004 and already have over 8,500 miles on it. The car has been an absolute pleasure to own -- very reliable, quiet, comfortable and easy to drive, even in the Michigan winter. My mileage, driving mostly highway miles, has averaged 29.2 mpg but that is increasing as the weather warms (I'm sure due to the gas-saving features warming up sooner). For those concerned that the loss of trunk space (because of the battery) will be significant -- fear not -- this vehicle can still easily carry a week's worth of groceries or luggage.

Favorite Features

Clearly the fuel economy and good feeling I get from pumping lower amounts of emissions into the air. The well-appointed workmanship (for a car costing $30,000) and power of a V-6 have also added to the value of the car. The acceleration is impressive. Overall, this car has been great.

Suggested Improvements

Some nice things to have would include an automatic-dimming rear mirror, a warning gauge for low levels of washer fluid, a direction indicator (I guess I could have gotten the navigation system) and, as mentioned elsewhere automatic doorlocks. These, however, are very minor "quibbles."